This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4388359

josefL-2

I would like to translate our widgets in the string translation management tool but there a lot of strings which just have the some content, I don't really know which string to translate. It seems like some strings are old versions of the widget content, which I don't really need anymore. Please have a look at the string translation mgmt screenshot, and at our widget list.

August 14, 2019 at 6:03 am #4392539

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Josef,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

As I can see, the strings from the screenshot are a bit different, like svg link or alt text. The strings might be from some older widgets you had on your website. Just make sure that you're searching for the right widget content. If you want, you can give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look and see what's the right content you should translate.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 21, 2019 at 11:44 am #4430873

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Josef,

You can definitely delete the strings that you don't want to have on the list from String translation.

Regarding the widgets that you cannot translate, please try the solution presented here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#registering-widget-fields-for-translation-via-string-translation and tell me if you see the right content available for translation now. Basically, this way you can "tell WPML" what are the elements that you want to be available for translation.

Just give this a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] 74 widget strings but only 4 widgets in use’ is closed to new replies.