This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.81 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 11:23 am #4142779

emelieC

I set sidebar none in 8theme Royal theme on a page, and when I duplicate that page the no sidebar setting is not transferred to the duplicate.

July 4, 2019 at 11:37 am #4142869

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I'm truly sorry but I don't understand the issue 🙁

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 4, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4143399

emelieC

I set sidebar none in 8theme Royal theme on a page, and when I duplicate that page the no sidebar setting is not transferred to the duplicate.

Here is the settings for the english page: hidden link

Here are the settings for the duplicate: hidden link

The result is a sidebar on ie the home page:

hidden link

July 4, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4143771

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case you need to search and set this custom field to 'Copy'. Please visit this link where you will find our official documentation on how to translate custom fields using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Regards,
Carlos

July 6, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4156207

emelieC

which one do I need to set to copy?

Thanks!

July 8, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4163281

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

To be able to give you a more accurate answer I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos