This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to complete translation. I got 99.85% job completed but cannot finish because 1 sentence does not get green status.

Solution: The sentence that doesn't have the green status contains an icon at the beginning. Removing this icon and adding the translation for the sentence made everything go back to normal and let the progress go to 100%.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cristianoC-9 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 3, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4334477

cristianoC-9

I am trying to:Complete translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:Job Completed

Instead, I got: 99.85% job completed but cannoy finish because 1 sentence does not get green status

August 3, 2019 at 12:26 pm #4334527

cristianoC-9

Is there anyone available?

August 3, 2019 at 8:01 pm #4335019

cristianoC-9

USING WPML HTML VIEW I have seen html code of the broken sting (the one that does not get translated ) and it looks like broken :

ORIGINAL <a href="hidden link" target="_blank" rel="noopener"> ☞Taxi Transfer Aeroporto CT-SR </a>tariffe a partire da 70 €.

AFTER TRANSLATION<a href="&lt;a%20href=" https:=""> ?Taxi Transfer Aeroporto CT-SR </a>tariffe a partire da 70 €.

QUESTION: CAN I MODIFY ORIGINAL STRING BEFORE TRANSLATION IS COMPLETED WITHOUT LOOSING THE WHOLE JOB?

August 4, 2019 at 8:47 am #4335873

cristianoC-9

Hi Anybody there?

August 5, 2019 at 6:17 am #4338095

cristianoC-9

Goodmorning

its since saturday i m waiting to solve my URGENT PROBLEM !

August 5, 2019 at 10:15 am #4339689

cristianoC-9

Hi Rohan , can you help?

August 5, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4340601

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Cristiano,

Sorry for this delay but, as you may know, we are not working on weekends. I'm here now so I'll try to take care of this as soon as I can. Can you try to remove that hand icon, save the change, and try again to translate that sentence, please? It's just a guess but that icon might be the source of the issue.

If this issue is still there after doing this little test, please give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a closer look at this page.
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials. I'll have a look at this issue as soon as I get the reply back from you.

Thanks,
Radu

August 5, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4340713

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Cristiano,

If you edit the original post, you won't lose the translation of the post. This would mean that every time you edit a post, the whole translation would be gone which is not what something you would like to happen.
If you remove just that icon, all the translation content will remain the same. Can you do this change and tell me if the translation is working this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 5, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4340821

cristianoC-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!