Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 15, 2019 at 10:32 am #4952701

garyM-10

I am trying to:
We are using icl_current_language field from WooCommerce order post meta on some other functionalities. After updating the WPML to 4.3.3, the icl_current_language field is empty for new WooCommerce orders. hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
This issue is in the database. The _icl_current_language field in post meta table is empty for every order after WPML update to 4.3.3

I expected to see:
the language code in the post meta field _icl_current_language values like 'pt-pt' for WooCommerce orders

Instead, I got:
_icl_current_language is empty in postmeta table

November 18, 2019 at 9:11 am #4963313

garyM-10

Hi, Any updates for me?

November 18, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4967249

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. From what I noticed the language is being registered in the "wpml_language" record. This may have changed in one of the WPML updates.

Please, could you confirm that the language of an order is now being entered in the "wpml_language" register?

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

November 19, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4973877

garyM-10

Hi,

thanks for reply.

We don't have any custom field in the order screen.

Please check the issue.

November 19, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4973935

Bruno

Hello,

Inside the database, there are no custom fields either (related to the language)? This field was previously hidden (all fields beginning with "_" are hidden custom fields). Also, making a new purchase as a test, the "wpml_language" is not displayed?

I also noticed that according to the debug information, you are not using WooCommerce Multilingual (https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/). Note that this plugin is critical to the proper functioning of WPML with WooCommerce. Could you please install WooCommerce Multilingual and make a new purchase as a test to see if it will be displayed correctly?

Thank you.

November 21, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4987685

garyM-10

We have WooCommerce Multilingual plugin on the site but we can't see wpml_language custom field in the custom fields area hidden link on both latest WPML plugins site and with old WPML plugins site.

We can create a admin account for you to test if needed.

November 21, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4988579

Bruno

Does this happen for new purchases too? I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

November 23, 2019 at 7:35 pm #5005269

Bruno

Thank you. I tried to access your site but is prompted for a password before entering the WordPress login screen. I tried using the password hint which is like "Wphero" but it didn't work.

Now when I try to access your site page 404 appears. That is, the plugin you are using must have blocked my access. Could you please check?

Also, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

November 26, 2019 at 10:04 am #5019915

garyM-10

The front end password of the website is 'wphero'. You can install any plugins on that website.

November 26, 2019 at 12:54 pm #5021597

Bruno

After I use "wphero", a 404 page appears. Unable to access wp-admin, because a redirect happens to page "404" (hidden link). Could you please check again? Maybe a firewall is blocking access.

Thank you.

November 27, 2019 at 6:46 am #5026127

garyM-10

I couldn't replicate that issue for front end password.

Please login using this URL hidden link

November 28, 2019 at 12:10 am #5032809

Bruno

Thank you. I can now access your site. I will check and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

November 30, 2019 at 11:56 am #5046969

Bruno

I have tried many times to create a copy of your site to test in our test environment, but it seems that your database is very large (it should have ~5 million records and the table "pantheon_sessions" has almost 3 million records).

I should recommend the steps below:

- Update all your plugins (including the WooCommerce);
- Switch to the default theme (for example, "Twenty Nineteen");
- Disable all plugins and enable just the WooCommerce and WPML (and its add-ons, including the WooCommerce Multilingual);
- Try again to make a new purchase and see if the language code is being added to the order page.
- If the problem persists, please try to clear this database table so that I try again to download your site and check the problem.

This is most likely not happening because of WPML or WCML. There should be some other plugin/theme interfering with this, as this is not replicable in a fresh environment, just with the basic plugins.

Thank you.

December 11, 2019 at 10:22 am #5105403

garyM-10

Hi,

Thanks for checking, You are welcome to test that on our staging site instead of creating a copy of the staging site. You can disable/ enable plugins and switch theme if want. I gave FTP access too in previous reply.

I have tried all the steps you suggested. But still I am facing the issue.

Thanks.

December 16, 2019 at 9:27 pm #5141159

Bruno

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I updated the WPML plugins and I deactivated all the plugins on your site so I was activating a few at a time and I tested the purchase in the meantime. I am no longer able to replicate the problem.

Maybe by the time I deactivated and activated it again, some remaining cache has been removed and so it is now working.

Please, could you retest your test environment to see if you can still replicate the problem?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] _icl_current_language is empty for orders with WPML 4.3.3’ is closed to new replies.