This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was unable to translate products using the CTE Solution: Workaround: Switch to WooCommerce Native Editor Solution: ACFML 1.0.1 fixed the issue.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maherG 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
December 21, 2018 at 7:32 am #3023718

maherG

I am trying to: edit the Arabic translation by clicking on the pin sign

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:Translation to Arabic page

Instead, I got:a blank page

December 21, 2018 at 10:44 am #3024314

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I suspect this error appeared after you update to WordPress 5.0, is this the case ?
If so, you can switch to " Native WooCommerce product editing screen" in WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings tab->Product Translation Interface.
Let me know if this lets you update products in an other language.

Please consider our article https://wpml.org/2018/12/wait-before-updating-to-wordpress-5-0/.

And finally i will ask you to update WPML to the latest version, released a few hours ago, this release fixes some issues that you may encounter.

Let me know how it goes.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 21, 2018 at 10:26 pm #3026288

maherG

Hello Jamal
Thank you for your replay
I followed your instruction steps whereas still no changes.
Please check the screenshots

December 24, 2018 at 9:42 am #3030048

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Maher,

Now that you have activated native editor, go to Product edit page in english version, then switch to arabic version using, the language switcher in the WordPress admin topbar, see image attached.
This will let you edit the arabic version without using translation editor. Does it help?

We were able to resolve several issues with translations after the WP 5.0 by installing the WordPress Classic Editor https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/
If you are not using Guternberg, please install the classic editor and let me know if this resolves.

Always make sure to have a backup, and to update WPML plugins to latest versions.

Let me know if you can edit the arabic version.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 24, 2018 at 4:57 pm #3031145

maherG

Dear Jamal,

I tried the method you showed me and it works when changing the wordpress language from the admin area. but the process of translation becomes difficult than it was before when using the editor by pressing on the pen to do the translation. keeping in mind that i activated the classic editor.
my life was easier before doing this update!
please advise on this issue

thanks in advance

December 24, 2018 at 5:24 pm #3031178

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Maher,

Thank you for your feedback, i am glad, now we have a workaround, better than better blocked totally.
Please try the following
Bulk update all the products if possible: Products > Select all > Edit > Apply. With all the options with "No changes".
Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings > Product Translation Interface, and switch back to "WPML Translation Editor".

This would recover the WPML editor.
Let me know if this solves the issue.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 26, 2018 at 9:06 pm #3035149

maherG

Hello Jamal
I did all your instructions but till now no changes.
I can provide you access to my admin panel or by TeamViewer
So you can check by yourself the issue and try to fix it.

looking forward for your reply

December 27, 2018 at 8:37 am #3036063

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Maher,

Sure, please provide WordPress access in the private message box.
And i will check this out.
Please make sure to have a backup.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 28, 2018 at 8:38 am #3039423

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Maher,

I logged into your website, and i could see a Javascript error when trying to edit a product in WCML in Arabic, see attached image. This usually caused by a conflict with another plugin or with the theme.

If it is possible, or on your test site, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.
This will detect any conflict with a plugin or with the theme, and we could fix it quickly.
If the error remains even without other plugins or in a default theme, this would be a bug.

Please also check if this issue which has the same Javascript error https://wpml.org/forums/topic/js-error-on-multi-currency-tab-jquery-tiptip-is-not-a-function/
Could you check the value for '_wcml_version' option in the wp_options database table.

Let me know what you find.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 28, 2018 at 1:00 pm #3040093

maherG

Hello Jamal
Thank you for your fast response.
I tracked the error by deactivated the plugins one by one and I found that the error it comes from "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual" plugin.

Regards,
Kayali

December 28, 2018 at 1:29 pm #3040238

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. Now we detected the cause of the issue. I suggest you keep the plugin deactivated for now.

This plugin is useful only when using the "Advanced Custom Fields" https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/.
According the debug information provided, it seems you are not using this plugin, so you can remove ACFML completely.

This being said, we can mark this ticket as resolved, if you would like so. Otherwise, please test with this version of ACFML, and see if it resolves the issue.
hidden link

Thank you.

Jamal
WPML Support

December 29, 2018 at 8:49 am #3041819
maherG

Hello Jamal
I deleted the "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual" plugin and I'm able to access the Arabic of "WooCommerce Multilingual" but in pages I cant access the Arabic of about us page.
Please check the attached screenshot

Tank you

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-500-error-when-trying-to-edit-arabic-page-translation/

December 31, 2018 at 8:10 am #3044309

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Maher,

Thank you for your feedback. Now we can say that the issue with products translations is fixed. Please confirm so we can close this ticket.

As per our support rules we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This help us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed.
For that reason I have created a new ticket for this issue with about-us page, we can continue working on it.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 4, 2019 at 4:34 am #3055283

maherG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!