This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User tries to Duplicate a post including a form with a gravity shortcode. On some posts that worked on others, with the exact same structure, it won't show the form on the duplicated post but the shortcode. Solution: 1. Click on "Update" for the french duplicate. This resolved the issue but switched the french duplicate to translation instead. 2. Click on "Overwrite from original" on the french translation to make it a duplicate again. The issue was resolved.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
April 8, 2019 at 8:37 am #3555627

ninaR-3

I am trying to: Duplicate a post including a form with a gravity shortcode. On some posts that worked on others, with the exact same structure, it won't show the form on the duplicated post but the shortcode

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (here it didn't work) | hidden link ( here it worked)

I expected to see: The form instead of the shortcode

Instead, I got: The shortcode

April 8, 2019 at 8:52 am #3555735

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I must confess i did not understand your question very well.
Would you please rexplain what do you mean by duplicating a post ? Are you using WPML->Translation Management ? Are you duplicating the post through the Language metabox in the post editor(by selecting the duplicate option) ? Are you duplicating posts using another plugin ?

I would also like to know if this is present for the same gravity form ? I mean once it was duplicated correctly and another time it was not ?
May be the forms that does not present this issue were correctly translated following our documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Please provide more details, so i can better serve you.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

April 8, 2019 at 8:59 am #3555781

ninaR-3

Hi Jamal

I was bulk duplicating 80 custom posts with the WPML translation management tool, from German to French. These custom posts include a shortcode for a gravity form. The shortcode is written in an acf wysiwyg field. Oddly now some duplicated french posts displayed the form correctly, others didnt, as these two url I sent to to show.

The forms weren't translated and don't need to be in the duplicated post.

April 8, 2019 at 9:14 am #3555855

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. This maybe related to the specific ACF fields. As you can see in our reference article, i can only guess.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-field-groups

Would you like to allow me temporary access to your website to check this further? Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal

April 9, 2019 at 10:19 am #3565239

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access. I tried to understand differences between the two provided examples to no avail. It seems that the comittees and their fields are defined in theme code.
I took a light Duplicator package and i am approaching our expert internally for help.

I'll be back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Jamal

April 9, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3567177

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

After our 2nd Tier investigations we were able to resolve this issue with this manipulation.
1. Click on "Update" for the french duplicate. This resolved the issue but switched the french duplicate to translation instead.
2. Click on "Overwrite from original" on the french translation to make it a duplicate again.
The issue was resolved.

As per our 2nd Tier investigations, we think that Gravity Form won't work correctly without the Gravity Form Multilingual plugin. So we wonder how is use case not needing form translation.

In the meanwhile, i'll remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal

April 9, 2019 at 5:53 pm #3569845

ninaR-3

Jamal, great thanks I will try out your solution tomorrow. It seems quite straight forward. However, I have difficulties to understand what you mean by: "So we wonder how is use case not needing form translation." Could you clarify that?

April 10, 2019 at 8:35 am #3573529

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

As per my discussion with our 2nd Tier, we wondered how is your use case not needing gravity form translation, would you like to keep a dutch form in a french or english page ? We did not imagine a scenario like this, so we are curious to know how would you like to use Gravity forms in secondary languages. But you can ignore this, it is just out of curiosity.

In the meanwhile, i'll wait for your tests to see if the solution provided is viable for you.

I remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal