This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 6:57 pm

larsR-7

A large amount of woocommerce products have been moved to the 'uncategorised' product category.

If I edit a product to try and put it in a new category, it reverts and puts it back in 'uncategorised'.

You should be able to emulate it with this product: Enamelled 3 Litre Kettle - Black

July 28, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4295729

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Your site's default language is Norwegian Bokmål. The 'Enamelled 3 Litre Kettle - Black' product was originally created in the English language. The English language is currently hidden on your site and when I try its URL (hidden link), I get an error (ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED). Product's categories should first be created in the default language. When I go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Categories, I can see three.
- Cooking Accessories
- Elektrisk Varmer
- Ironheart Område
Please let me ask you the following questions.

1. You wrote: "A large amount of woocommerce products have been moved to the 'uncategorised' product category."
Are all those products that have been moved to the 'uncategorized' product category originally were created in the English language?

2. Which product category are you trying to add and it is not working for you?

3. Can you please fix the English subdomain (hidden link) so it will work?

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 29, 2019 at 2:10 pm #4300751

larsR-7

Hi and thank you for the quick response.

Answers are as follows:

#1. Yes I guess this could be the issue, in that they were originally English and now I need them associated with the Norwegian language/store as default.
#2. I can't add it to the 'Cooking Accessories' category.
#3. We don't need an English domain anymore, the default should be Norwegian. Can they all be converted? I wouldn't want to lose anything as a result of deleting this language.

Hope this helps.

July 30, 2019 at 3:37 pm #4309319

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thank you for your answers.

In this case, you will need to create the 'Enamelled 3 Litre Kettle - Black' product again in the Norwegian language and then add to it the 'Cooking Accessories' category. I've made a test on your site and when I do it like that the 'Cooking Accessories' category is being added. Please see the attached screenshot. I've deleted the test product so it will not show on your site.

Please let me know if this information helps you solve the issue?

Regards,
Itamar.

August 2, 2019 at 8:58 am #4328299

larsR-7

Ok thank you I'll take a look shortly.

If I was to re-enable the English language would this solve all the issues also without the need to recreate all the products?

August 4, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4336699

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Since product's categories should first be created in the default language, I'm not sure that it would work. You will need to try that.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] A large amount of Woocommerce products are uncategorised’ is closed to new replies.