This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 24, 2019 at 6:27 pm

sebastienB-25

So I'm tryint to finish the site and having troubles with lots of things just not able to translate because it does'n't show up. Even using string Translation he either does'nt find at all or he finds it but is all in code...

So from
hidden link
-Here you have the revolution slider. In other them he shows the name of the slider so in other language I can choose the other slider. Here he doe'sn't show up.
-At the services part you see a button where in dutch says "ALLE ACTIVITEITEN & DIENSTEN" Can't find it in String translation, can't find it in page translation.
- Little bit lower there is a title "WELK VERBLIJF KIES JE". Same can't translate.
- Below that button "ALLE ACCOMODATIES" can't translate
- Below that title "WAT KLANTEN VERMELDEN" can't translate
- Below that there is a great banner with text on and a button "BOEK NU". None of this text is translateable. There is box with a lot of code in but is it suppose to be like that? Can this be fixed that he show the correct fields to translate? This banner returns on every page (almost) so If you fix for the first will this be fixed for other pages?

hidden link
- Adres, Telefoon, Email titles not translateable?

So either the maker is lieing about the theme being WPML compliant or WPML is not acting as it should.. How come SO MANY stuff is not translated.. I used the WPML plugin on other site from same maker and there practicly everything was immidiately in the translate boxes without having to contact you ...

Can you please assist to fix this as we really would like to launch the website.
- Contact form not translated?

January 24, 2019 at 7:13 pm #3126770

sebastienB-25

Also in the footer.. the 4 titles.. how translate those?

January 25, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3128947

sebastienB-25

I'm sorry for rushing.. but would love to finish it all.. Is there a solution? Thank you for your help and assitance..

January 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm #3128959

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I went through the site - for example:
- Little bit lower there is a title "WELK VERBLIJF KIES JE". Same can't translate.
- Below that title "WAT KLANTEN VERMELDEN" can't translate

These are testimonials and properties elements e.g. and are not currently supported:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#supported-modules

Your theme author is not lying because WPBakery Page Builder is a separate product. It is up to WPBakery Page Builder developers to maintain compatibility.

Also please look at this thread:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-wp-bakery-page-builder-elements/

And also this link:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/

So in order to make all of these elements translatable, you may need to create new XML rules and test these. Also, have you tried translating these when there are only WPML and Bakery plugins active, without caching systems, etc?

Another thing:

There is box with a lot of code in but is it suppose to be like that?

This might be due to some other shortcodes not being recognized by WPML, such as [trx_sc_services.]

In other words, it would take a heavy amount of work to get all of this done being recognizable by TE. As a possible workaround which might be the best option in your case is try translating using manual translation - check this as an example hidden link where I translated Wat klanten vermelden... NL string directly within Bakery. Just open any page and then switch languages in the top bar.

As for the Footer, this is where you translate this:
hidden link

cpt_layouts custom post type was not translatable, but I've changed this setting now.

Let me know how it goes and what your thoughts are on this!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] a lot of fields not translated’ is closed to new replies.