This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 11:03 pm #4055231

francescoL-19

Hello,

as you can see in the picture,
in my debug.log file I have a lot of error message.
Can you explain my why?
Can you help me to fix it?

Before 10 April, I had no error messages at all.
I'm using Calafate theme without any page builder.

I can send you the debug.log file, if you need it.

Thank you

June 20, 2019 at 12:33 am #4055445

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Warnings and Notices in WordPress will not cause your site's function to halt at any time therefore they do not pose a thread to the way your site or plugins are functioning.

there is most likely a small incompatibility between WPML and your theme or a 3rd party plugin which is not significant enough to cause problems to the way your site is running.

you can safely remove these warning from the front end by doing the following

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', false);

If you wish to resolve the cause of the warning then the suggested action would be to do a minimal environment test

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty 19.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

If you have a staging site please perform the above and note which 3rd party plugin when deactivated resolves the error.

if you do not have a staging site then you can share with us a duplicator package to further test on a local environment without interfering with your production site

[i have enabled the private field reply in case you need to share with us a duplicator package , which you can create by using the duplicator plugin ]

Kind Regards,

Bobby

June 20, 2019 at 1:03 am #4055599

francescoL-19

Ok,

I changed the wp-config in

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

and in the homepage I have millions of line of code..

Then, I disable "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual" and, I saw again my homepage...

O_O

Look at this picture.

hidden link

Problem solved?
I think no. Because with the default theme and "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual=ON", I had no problem. Only when I switch to Calafate, I have these lines...
What do you suggest me to do?

June 20, 2019 at 1:07 am #4055601

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

Well i dont blame you its more of a workaround than solution , thats why i mentioned that we can test it further to find what is causing these warnings 🙂

i will try to create a duplicator package to test on my local environment so your site is not affected and update you once i have news

June 20, 2019 at 1:09 am #4055603

francescoL-19

I think I was faster than you =)

I have free Duplicator plug-in already installed, but my website is too big (+500 MB).
So, I have to exclude the upload folder from the archive and download manually the upload folder... :/

EDIT: I wrote to Calafate support ( I have a license) and we will see what they will tell us =)

Maybe is it a "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual"? Because I'm sure 100% that this theme use Advanced Custom Fields PRO .

hidden link

June 20, 2019 at 4:09 am #4056473

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

unfortunately i am not able to download the package from duplicator , i have tried a few times now and it keeps cancelling the download due to "network error" ? i have verified this is not due to my network as i was able to download a quite large package from another site sucessfuly.

I also tried using cloudways migration to our staging servers and i was still not able to

do you happen to have a staging site we could test this issue ?

The topic ‘[Closed] A lot of WPML errors inside debug log file’ is closed to new replies.