Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 20, 2019 at 8:38 am #3386135

reiL

I am trying to: Send a specific page ("HT Feature - PACKOUT") for translation using the test and live LionBridge service.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: The page had been returned translated.

Instead, I got: As you can see from the above screenshots, the page is showing as "Complete" within the translation job it was sent within, however the text is not showing as a hyperlink like the rest of the pages are. Also, on the "translation dashboard" that page is showing the "In Progress" symbol as its current status (see screenshot above). Also, the counter is showing that there is 1 page which has been sent to translators so it has not been collected. When I check the original English page that was sent for translation, it shows that the translation has not been added with the "+" symbol on the "Pages" section.

The example provided is for our "Japan" instance, but having checked this using the TEST and LIVE LionBridge the same thing is happening for this one page. No other pages appear to be affected.

March 20, 2019 at 11:33 am #3388005

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to provide better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!

Best Regards.

March 26, 2019 at 8:52 am #3460441

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for getting in touch on this last week.

In order to give you the right access can you please provide us with your IP address so that you can be whitelisted within our AWS system? And an email address also so that we can create you a new account to access wp-admin? We will then send you a key to access the code. A backup has already been created from our end.

Many thanks,
Adrian

April 1, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3507647

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I don't need SSH access for now, I just need to login to your site to check the issue, but I haven't received the password email, so I went to the site and used my email in the lost password page, but it says "There is no user registered with that email address." so can you please check if you have added my email correctly, and it could be great if you created the password yourself and add it to the next private reply.

Best Regards.

April 2, 2019 at 5:48 am #3513959

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please try this again? The team have made some adjustments to your account and you should now be able to access. Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks,
Adrian

April 2, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3517033

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I can log-in now, I have checked the site and as I can see that you have sent one page which is "Contact Us" and it is complete, but I don't see any record for the page "HT Feature - PACKOUT"

I can also see that you have removed the Chinese simplified language from your active language and you now have only the English language, so why did you do this? it is important that you keep the Chinese simplified active if you want to use it. You can reactivate it from WPML -> Languages, and if you want to hide it, you can go to the "Hidden Languages" section and mark it to be hidden, but it is not recommended to deactivate it.

I see also that you have de-authenticated the translation service, and this is also not recommended if you are going to send and receive translations, better to leave it authenticated in order to let WPML send and receive the translated content.

I also can see that you are using an old version of WPML, so better to take a complete backup and update your WPML plugins to the latest version.

Please follow the above steps and let me know if you still have any issues I will check it.

Best Regards.

April 2, 2019 at 1:01 pm #3517313

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for letting me know.

From your feedback it appears that you have done this on the "Milwaukee Tool Asia" instance which does not use the translation service. In my notes above I mentioned that this should be done on the "Milwaukee Tool Japan" instance instead as that is where the page has been sent.

Please login again and check the settings for that instance. Once logged in you can access it from the "My sites" tab in the top left hand corner and select "Milwaukee Tool Japan".

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Adrian

April 2, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3517489

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for checking the wrong site, I can see your job now, but also I can see that this site is using the same old version of WPML 407, I can understand that this is a network, and it is not easy to update WPML, but in your case the update is very important especially that we made a lot of enhancements to how WPML deals with TP, and you are missing these updates, so I strongly recommend you to update the WPML plugins, and then we can check if the updates will fix the issue and if not, I will investigate the issue more.

Please take a complete backup before doing any changes.

Best regards.

April 3, 2019 at 5:25 am #3522619

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for letting me know.

I will discuss with the team internally and look to make that change. Once it is in place I will contact you again to check things further if the page is not returned translated.

Adrian

April 3, 2019 at 8:17 am #3523447

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Thanks for the update, the ticket will be open for you, and please let me know once you have any updates.

Best regards.