This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
January 24, 2019 at 11:50 am #3124825

profitS

I am trying to: Update a page translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Whole page content in selected language

Instead, I got: Only the title translates while the rest of the page content is shown in default language

January 24, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3124994

profitS

I will add that the translation manager states that all content has been translated 100%. The page was built using Divi builder. I wonder if the issue has to do with Divi library.

January 24, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3125104

profitS

The erroneous behavior seems to have been triggered as I updated an image on the page. Our otherwise identical staging environment still displays the proper behavior.

January 24, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3125555

profitS

Had to go and replace the translated texts using the Divi builder since the translations would not show. Still looking for guidance on how to deal with this kind of situation properly in the future.

January 25, 2019 at 11:32 am #3128759

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

This seems like a known compatibility issue with the DIVI Builder.

The issue is solved in the latest version of WPML (4.1.4).
You can check the latest released versions under “My Account -> Downloads” on this site.
- https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
If you need to update, instructions to update can be found here:
- https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

To solve the issue with the previous content, try these steps (after a full backup):

- Go to WPML -> Packages
- Find the "Gutenberg" string package with the final ID matching the ID of the affected page.
- Select and delete only the Gutenberg package Page Builder Page [ID]
- Go to Pages -> All Pages
- Edit the original affected page with the Divi Builder
- Make small changes in each element. Simply add or remove a character.
- Save the original page
- Translate the page. In my case, it was enough to confirm the previous translations.
- Save and close

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you