Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dosvisual.com 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 23, 2021 at 3:04 pm #8155369

dosvisual.com

I updated WP and WPML. installed the Jquery plugin for the visual tab bug. then created a portfolio page and translated it but the language switcher to the translated page redirects to the main one. I deactivated the Redirections plugin and then updated AVADA. I updated the portfolio page a couple of times and cleared the cache, but it still does not work... it´s only happening with the new portfolio and not the old ones.. hidden link that is the page, you can try switching to "catalán", you´ll see it´s pointing to the right /ca URl but not working

February 24, 2021 at 10:17 am #8161893

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I see that the page redirects properly now, hidden link, I am assuming that Redirection is not active?

Since my colleague wasn't able to reproduce these problems in sandbox setup and given the complexity of your site, can you try using alternative plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/eps-301-redirects/ and see if the issue is there?

Alternatively we can escalate your case with Duplicator package to our 2nd tier for further debugging, there is not much else I can suggest at this point.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 4, 2021 at 11:41 am #8226903

dosvisual.com

Hello bruno

Thanks and sorry for the delay.

The plugin redirection was not active because it was creating that redirection all the time, this is why you may have not been able to reproduce the error.

I´ve just installed the suggested plugin and no error is showing up so far, yay!
But I don´t want to use this plugin, as the automatic redirects are a PRO feature.
I have Redirections plugin installed on all my websites and it´s only creating trouble in this one.
I´d appreciatte if you could debug further, if possible.
Thanks!

March 4, 2021 at 12:48 pm #8227601

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Great to hear that, I am not sure about auto redirects though and the plugin capabilities.

As for the problem redirection, the only way to figure it out is that we escalate the whole case to our 2nd tier, along with Duplicator site copy.

Let me know if you want to proceed with this route and I will provide more information.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 8, 2021 at 9:17 am #8249083

dosvisual.com

Hello Bruno
I would appreciatte you could scalate it. I´ll be waiting for the private window.. Thanks!

March 8, 2021 at 9:35 am #8249343

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier.

I will exclude all the media files, etc, to keep the package minimal.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could do this. I marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Just to confirm, when Redirection is active, I will see the problem when I visit hidden link and try changing the language, it will still redirect to hidden link, despite language switcher having the correct url?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 8, 2021 at 11:38 am #8250989

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I deployed the site to my localhost, this is what I see:
hidden link

I made no changes to the site, so deployed as is.

It looks like there is no redirect, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 8, 2021 at 12:22 pm #8251221

dosvisual.com

Hello
Thanks for the test.
This is what I see> hidden link

Please follow this procedure:
1) Activate Redirection plugin
2) Erase the "unwanted" redirection if it´s still there
3) Edit the Portfolio post, update it and the translation too.
4) Recheck the Redirections.
5) You´ll find it´s been created again

March 8, 2021 at 1:08 pm #8251945

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - reproduced it like this:

1) go to hidden link
2) delete "/new1/vidas/los-gimeno/" redirection, the first one
3) open hidden link
4) just update it
5) update translation as well
6) open hidden link and find it has been recreated
7) this is causing problems in client sites since hidden link url no longer works and redirects to hidden link
8) this happens for every new portfolio item

Is this correct?

This is escalated to our 2nd tier team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 8, 2021 at 1:22 pm #8252223

dosvisual.com

Ok, thanks!
I´ll be waiting.
Good luck!

March 9, 2021 at 11:11 am #8261793

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

What if you disable this for portfolio (or try with others if for portfolio doesn't work)?

We found that this is what creates the redirect on save of the CTE, as it is hooked to "post_updated" action hook.

We are investigating on why this happens, this is a complex logic where it occurs in both sides, so within our plugin and redirection plugin.

We will most likely reach author about this so that we can create proper implementations, so the only way is to use this workaround for now.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

image1615278927123.png
March 11, 2021 at 11:56 am #8284381

dosvisual.com

hello
Thanks for the update.
I´d rather keep the plugin inactive for the moment.
Please let me know when you find out what the bug is...
Thanks and good luck!

March 11, 2021 at 1:21 pm #8285241

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, but I do suggest that you try hidden link, as I don't think this will be resolved anytime soon.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 17, 2021 at 4:24 pm #8335213

dosvisual.com

Ok, done!
Thank you very much for your help and good luck with the debugging.
Cheers!