This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauriL-5 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 12:41 pm

lauriL-5

Hi,

I encountered a problem on page translation. When translating a page hidden link to ENG language the „full width code“ section (HTML code) that is on my original language is missing on my page translation. When I saved the page translation then the section appeared in original language. Could you please check what could be the issue with that. I attached also a images of the section.

Best regards,
Lauri

July 9, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4172527

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi

It´s appearing in the translated page with the original values b/c the section was not recognised by the Translation Editor.

I´ve addd the following lines to your WPMl >Settings > Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>et_pb_line_break_holder</tag>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>et_pb_fullwidth_code</tag>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Now, you can see that the lines appear for translation. Regretably, you have to translate the code line-by-line but at least now the Translation Editor is offering it to you to translate.

I hope this resolves your issue.

July 11, 2019 at 7:03 am #4186503

lauriL-5

Hi,

Thanks for the solution, but its too bad that I cannot translate the fullwidth code like the regular sections.

Best regards,
Lauri