This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4290315

cyrilleM-3

I am trying to: Translate one of my portfolio item from french to english

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the translation I did myself for the portfolio item " Photo-realistic 3D plans design"

Instead, when I try to go on this page : I am redirected to the french version of it.

When I am on the editor page for this english portfolio item, everything seems fine but a popup box won't stop coming to me like this one : (see the image in attachment).

July 26, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4291523

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. You must click the button where it is "Edit anyway". This message is displayed only when the translation was previously done as a Translation Editor (or with ATE).

To prevent this message from appearing all the time, you can select the "Don't show this warning again" option and then click "Edit Anyway" to edit the desired content.

Thank you.

July 26, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4291617

cyrilleM-3

Thanks for coming back to me.
I've already do that, but it seems to still be a problem. When I update my english version of this item it just refresh my page and when i go and check on the website how the item look, the english version do not exist. Even when I take the actual link to go on the item's page.
Do you have an idea why ?

July 26, 2019 at 8:03 pm #4291723

cyrilleM-3

I have 6 portfolios on my website as you can see here : hidden link

Every other portfolio is working like this one : hidden link

But for the "Photo-realistic 3D plans design" portfolio, it is supposed to have this link : hidden link . If you put this link in the research bar, it will redirect you to the french version of this portfolio with this link : hidden link.
As you can see, the "Photo-realistic 3D plans design" portfolio is present in the "presentation" of every portfolios on this page : hidden link. But when you try to acces it, it goes to the french version, as said.

I tried to delete the english portfolio that is concerned but every time I try to do this, WordPress is telling me that WordPress is have technical problems and that I have to wait and try again. When I go back after that, the portfolio is in the trash (???). I didn't succed to erase it for good due to "technical problems".

So I went back to the french portfoilios to recreate it from the beginning. But when i tried to create an english duplicata of the concerned portfolio, it was like it already existed (when it was actually in the trash).

I checked the "WPML" traductions and the "Photo-realistic 3D plans design" does not exist.

So now, I just took back the portfolio from the trash... Do you have any idea why it is not working, knowing it is the only one not working ?

July 29, 2019 at 5:51 pm #4302677

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This could be some compatibility issue and so this redirection is happening. Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed in a minimal setup, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

If the problem still persists after that, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] A traduction is not working for a portfolio item’ is closed to new replies.