This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Philippe Etropie 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 10:53 am #2787234

ToBulk

Hello,

as soon as I activate the plugin "sitepress-multilingual-cms" I get a white page in the backend and frontend.

I have installed with BackupBuddy (or also with Duplicator) my live side Local.

Error message:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::is_enabled() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php:346 Stack trace: #0 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-inline-styles.php(274): WPML_LS_Settings->get_active_slots() #1 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-admin-ui.php(105): WPML_LS_Inline_Styles->admin_output() #2 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_LS_Admin_UI->admin_head_action('') #3 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /app/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /app/public/wp-admin/admin-header.php(142): do_action('admin_head') #6 /app/public/wp-admin/plugins.php(454): require_once('/app/public/wp-...') #7 {main} thrown in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php on line 346

What do I have to do to make my multilingual site run in MAMP PRO?

Kind regards

Torsten

October 5, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2791359

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Torsten, welcome back 🙂

Does the site function normally on the original server? If so, this is likely to occur due to an error in the migration, or due to some local server configuration.

Please send us the debug log (located on WPML > Support) of the copy website (MAMP), I will take a look at the settings.

Please also try the following:
- Install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
- Download WPML and extensions again from here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Upload to the zip files to the local website (on plugins > add new). It will fix the plugin files in case some file is corrupted.
- Activate WPML and check if the error persist

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 8, 2018 at 12:47 pm #2796010

ToBulk

Hello Diego,

Thanks for your tips, I can't get it installed. Always a white page in the back and frontend.

I have installed another virtual machine that you can access:

hidden link

wpml
diego

Kind regards

Torsten

I have no access to the plugin ... the debug code is from my live system

October 8, 2018 at 12:50 pm #2796025

ToBulk

[content removed]

October 8, 2018 at 8:51 pm #2797298

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thanks. I think that in this case it is better to duplicate the website temporarily in our server, this way I have access to the FTP to run some tests.

Please install this plugin on the website: hidden link

Please let me know if this is ok for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 8, 2018 at 9:23 pm #2797351

ToBulk

Hello Diego,

this is ok! Everything will be erased.

Regards

Torsten

October 9, 2018 at 3:48 pm #2800940

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Unfortunately I can't access the website anymore to run the migration. I got a "Tunnel 76b86cbe.ngrok.io not found" error.

Could you please check? I need it enabled to be able to duplicate it.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 10, 2018 at 11:02 am #2803929

ToBulk

Hello Diego,

I installed a fresh WordPress and migrated my database with Backupbuddy.

Then I installed the WPML plugins and as soon as I activate the "main plugin" the frontend and backend will be white.

I installed the desired plugin to transfer it to your server.

The advantage is now: it is not the complete website (this is over 1 GB).

hidden link

The User is: wpml
The new password is: oqNXF*&M$KqFgzf9Kr19bQNR

I'm curious to see what the cause is.

Kind reagrds

Torsten

October 10, 2018 at 6:59 pm #2805494

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

The migration started but got stuck. Then I got a Tunnel Expired error.

Please create a duplicator package of the site and send to us, I think it's a easier way to duplicate the website in this case. I will enable the duplicator field.

Regards,
Diego

October 11, 2018 at 4:58 pm #2809217

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks, it worked 🙂 - The test site is available here: hidden link

After the installation, the white screen was on the front end. When I logged into the panel, I noticed that a child theme was active, but the parent theme was not present. This was causing the white screen error, and it was resolved by switching the theme.

When using a child theme, it is necessary that the parent theme was installed in the same installation, because the child theme depends on its files. Is this what was happening on your website?

Feel free to login to the test website and make modifications to reproduce the issue if needed.

Kind Regards,
Diego

October 15, 2018 at 1:15 pm #2817644

Philippe Etropie

We have this (urgent) problem too, but not in Mamp. We deploy (with backupbuddy 8.3.00) a copy of a website on the same OVH apache server (in another subdomain). The original site works OK with WPML. The copy fails with the same message :
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::is_enabled() in /home/mysite/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php:346 Stack trace: #0 /home/mysite/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-inline-styles.php(274): WPML_LS_Settings->get_active_slots() #1 /home/mysite/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-admin-ui.php(105): WPML_LS_Inline_Styles->admin_output() #2 /home/mysite/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_LS_Admin_UI->admin_head_action('') #3 /home/mysite/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /home/mysite/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/mysite/www/wp-admin/admin-header.php(142): do_action('admin_head') #6 /home/mysite/www/wp-admin/plugins.php(454): require_once('/home/lacoustii...') #7 {main} thrown in /home/mysite/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php on line 346

SQL deployment > we have multiple Errors #9010: Unable to import SQL query. Error: `Column count doesn't match value count at row 1` Errno: `1136`
Files deployment > does not finish... but if we remove .maintenance etc. we still have to move the sitepress-multilingual-cms folder away from the plugins folder. Tried with default theme does not change.

Also chrome eventually sends some console errors when deploying:
content.js:4 [Deprecation] chrome.loadTimes() is deprecated, instead use standardized API: nextHopProtocol in Navigation Timing 2. hidden link.
(anonymous) @ content.js:4

content.js:5 [Deprecation] chrome.loadTimes() is deprecated, instead use standardized API: nextHopProtocol in Navigation Timing 2. hidden link.
(anonymous) @ content.js:5

ejs.js:477 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check hidden link.