Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by shaneB-8 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 1, 2022 at 7:39 pm #11779857

shaneB-8

Hi there,

Actually, I don't want it linked to that product it's a bad one. It came about after all this business of missing translations / messed up languages. I really need to link the English page to ID 77, as I mentioned above. The one you linked I cannot delete because I think people used it to do some bookings while we were sorting this out. The ID 77 has the correct booking availability.

Do you know of a way that I could link this through the database instead? I ask because each time I try to link the English to the French it never picks up this older translation. I find that odd to be honest, because I don't think there is anything wrong with that post.

Is there anyway that you can help me further with this ?

August 1, 2022 at 7:57 pm #11780035

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Could you please check if that product is correctly connected now in both languages?

Thanks,
Osama

August 2, 2022 at 12:32 pm #11785601

shaneB-8

Hi Osama,

Yes this worked now thank you. Can you explain to me what you did so that I could perform the same action in the future. I wasn't able to link it the way that you had.

Thanks

August 2, 2022 at 12:37 pm #11785633

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

It's great to hear that it works correctly now. 🙂

When visiting the WPML-> Translation Management and searching for this product, it appeared as translated, so I've applied the following steps:

1- Edit the product in the default language (ID: 77)
2- Switch the language from the top admin bar
3- You will be redirected to an old booking post that was connected to the old translation
4- Delete it
5- After that, the connection worked correctly

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

August 2, 2022 at 1:02 pm #11785859

shaneB-8

Great thanks very much for the explanation!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.