This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4053225

nxl1107

Hello.

I want to make Web page for "Taiwanese".
They use Traditional Chinese language in general.

And so I have a question
- Which hreflang should i use between "zh-tw" or "zh-hant-tw" for search engine(Google)?
- I added custom language of Taiwan but there is not language. How do i copy "Traditional Chinese language" file to Taiwan custom language? (I don't want to add manually;)

【Tell Google about localized versions of your page】
hidden link

Regards

June 19, 2019 at 11:28 pm #4055329

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

>>> - Which hreflang should i use between "zh-tw" or "zh-hant-tw" for search engine(Google)?

The most appropriate is the use of "zh-TW". You can see more information on Wikipedia's website: hidden link

>>> I added custom language of Taiwan but there is not language. How do i copy "Traditional Chinese language" file to Taiwan custom language? (I don't want to add manually;)

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue. What file are you referring to? Are you talking about WPML String Translation?

Thank you.

June 19, 2019 at 11:42 pm #4055357

nxl1107

Hi
Thank you for reply!

>The most appropriate is the use of "zh-TW".
Ok thanks.

>I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue. What file are you referring to? Are you talking about WPML String Translation?
I thought WPML has looks like ".mo" or ".po" file of multiple languages.
I mean i want to use Traditional Chinese language from preset Traditional chinese(attachment image).

Regards.

June 20, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4060653

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

WPML has some translation files in the directory "wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/locale", including "sitepress-zh_TW.mo". This is about the native WPML translation (of the plugin itself).

In the case of custom strings, you can export them and import them into WPML > String Translation. You can read a little more in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#import-export-po. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Thank you.

June 20, 2019 at 4:35 pm #4061687

nxl1107

Hi

Thank you for message.
I want to copy all language from "sitepress-zh_TW.mo".
Which should i select "Select what the strings are for: "?

June 21, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4067897

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Note that by the screenshot you are trying to import. You should first export these strings, and then import the ".po" files to be created.

In this case, unfortunately, it is necessary to export one by one. WPML does not currently allow you to export all these strings at once. You need to select the desired domain and then import to another language. Then follow the same steps to the other domain.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] About use Taiwanese language’ is closed to new replies.