This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 9, 2019 at 10:38 pm #3178816
sebastianP-36

Hi,

I just bought WPML and in the set-up I accidentally chose that the site language was in English, but it is in danish... I have tried to delete and reinstall the plugin, but I can't come back to choose the original site language anywhere. All of my pages is in the English category and I can then choose to add a translation in danish, but I need it to be the other way around.

Furthermore, I have tried to register my site with the site key I just created, but it says invalid site key...

I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance.

/Sebastian

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/invalid-site-key-28/

February 10, 2019 at 2:32 pm #3179853

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- If you have just installed plugin and configuring WPML first time on this site and do not have any translated data yet then you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database, To do so, please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

- After deleting all data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you can choose the original site language again.

To handle site registration issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/invalid-site-key-28/

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Accidentally chose the wrong language the site is in…’ is closed to new replies.