This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 9:19 pm #3955369

cathyB-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Our site has been hacked and we have installed the newest WordPress update on our website, and are now trying to make sure everything is up-to-date and OK. My tech guy is away in Europe! I'm a relatively experienced tech user but definitely not a website expert here, and he did the original WPML installation.

I have discovered that our account had expired, so renewed it, and my website partner has asked me to install the plug-in update. Do I download the files and install as a new install, or will it recognize the plug-ins already there, and simply update them?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Cathy Beach

June 4, 2019 at 10:00 pm #3955529

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Cathy,

you can download the plugins from https://wpml.org/downloads/ using your account

then upload them and register them with the new account

to register if its a new registration and no other account was synced with your current site WPML will prompt you to do this by itself , if you want to renew your registration you can follow the steps bellow

go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/ there you should be able to see your site registered (unless u never register your site before)

then click on the little trash icon

and follow the steps shown in the video hidden link

Kind Regards,
Bobby

June 4, 2019 at 10:09 pm #3955557

cathyB-5

I think you must be very busy.... I find your response difficult to read and understand. As previously stated, I have ALREADY renewed our registration. So Why would I be clicking on the little trash icon??? Please clarify, as this has not helped at all. Cathy B

June 4, 2019 at 10:24 pm #3955595

cathyB-5

My issue is resolved now - I think.

June 4, 2019 at 10:37 pm #3955677

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Cathy,

Were you able to register the WPML plugin ? I would like to verify that this was resolved otherwise i can continue helping you.

If my instructions did not seem clear i am more than happy to clear up any part of them

the "trash icon" is mainly for anybody that has a registration on their account already, as i was not sure if you had registered WPML yet with this account or not.

if not then you wouldnt see any site registered and that is when you would simply register your plugin through the backend as WPML would prompt you to do so.

this is always done through WP->Plugins->Add new-> Commercial tab

[wpml plugin has to be installed and configured first]

let me know your results please , and hope the video helped with registering the plugin 🙂

June 4, 2019 at 10:41 pm #3955681

cathyB-5

Thanks for your further details. We have been using WPML for a year and a half, but i was not the webmaster who installed it. I went to the plugins and under WPML, I clicked on the message below the 3 plugins we have installed and clicked on something that referred to having renewed our subscription, and it appears that it has reactivated our automatical renewals now. So it looks like this one aspect of our checking our site to make sure everything has been updated and fixed has now been taken care of. Very unnerving when I am not the webmaster and he is in Europe!! Thanks for your help, Cathy B

June 4, 2019 at 10:57 pm #3955737

Bobby
Supporter

I can definitely understand that , but it sounds like you have taken care of it and your WPML subscription was renewed automatically 🙂

if you run into any other problems with WPML , please feel free to open a new ticket or even assign it to me and we will do our best to help you

Kind Regards,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Account expired, needing to install new plugin’ is closed to new replies.