This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Harold 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
July 29, 2014 at 1:08 am #443677

Harold

ACF Custom Fields only appear for Custom Post Types, not for standard Posts and Pages

July 29, 2014 at 1:14 am #443680

Harold

Hello,
I'm working on a website with several Custom Post Types and additional fields created with Advanced Custom Fields.

While I'm able to translate all the fields for my different Custom Post Types, the same process (tick "Duplicate" checkbox in the languages widget and click on the newly created duplicate pen icon) isn't working for Posts and Pages.

1. The Custom Fields don't appear.
2. In the "Multilngual Content Settings" section at the end of the page for a single post, I don't have the "Make [Name of Post Type] translatable" checkbox
3. The Custom Fields Groups don't appear in the "Screen Settings" Menu on top of the page.

I'm only translating from French to English right now, but the site will eventually end up with 7 languages...

Any help greatly appreciated.

July 29, 2014 at 1:56 am #443692

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

WPML customer support service operates 18 hours per day, Monday to Friday.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 6 hours from now.

Thank you for your understanding,

WPML support team,
By OnTheGo System

July 29, 2014 at 5:58 am #443721

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Harold,

Sorry to hear about the trouble!
ACF and WPML are not fully compatible with each other at the moment. Our developers have informed the ACF team about the points. The implementation depends now on the possibilities/resources of the ACF developers.

Nonetheless, I will ask our compatibility team and let you know about their feedback.
Duplicating post and pages is a very basic functionality..

July 29, 2014 at 9:59 am #443914

Harold

OK, I'm waiting for updates, thanks.

July 29, 2014 at 10:56 am #443957

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Harold,

I've checked our tracking system. There is extensive ticket, and honestly its not clear to me if your issue is covered there or not..

# Would you mind providing us with credentials for your website and we have a closer look at the settings? For this purpose you should see a protected webform all they way down here in this thread. (it asks first for "Backup + Legal disclaimer")
Thanks in advance!

July 29, 2014 at 1:10 pm #444071

Harold

Hello,

I was displaying my field groups based on a Page name criteria. Which obviously doesn't work when duplicating the page.

It all seems to be working now.