This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 11:58 am #4466043

jozefV-3

Hello, I m trying to duplicate ACF to other languages and when i click duplicate I change language there is empty group of field then I try click and add something here via two buttons but nothing happen after click Overwrite with Slovak content that redirect me to posts. Please any advice to translate ACF ?

August 27, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4466435

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Please visit this link where you will find how to translate sites built with ACF: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 28, 2019 at 9:28 am #4472743

jozefV-3

Here is debug info but it still not copy content from original language to new.
And i send screenshot from page where is some new error.

August 28, 2019 at 10:21 am #4473261

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message.

1.- Describe step by step how to reproduce the issue. This way I can have a better understanding.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

August 30, 2019 at 8:55 am #4485387

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I try to access the site but the URL seems to be incorrect. Please double check if the URL is correct and edit your previous message if necessary.

Regards,
Carlos

August 30, 2019 at 9:49 am #4485799

jozefV-3

You mean FTP or website, if website it is ...hidden link.... access to wp admin is hidden link

August 30, 2019 at 11:05 am #4486757

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

When I try to access hidden link this is what I see (see attached image).

Regards,
Carlos

August 30, 2019 at 11:30 am #4486847

jozefV-3

Thanks for reply problem I fixed it. Try now please.

August 30, 2019 at 11:35 am #4486853

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
This time I was able to log in the site correctly.

Please follow this steps:
- Edit the home page -> Go to Multingual Content Setup section -> Click on 'Show system fields' -> You will see that the ACF have a system field associated with the same name but starting with an underscore (_) -> Set this system fields to the same state as their correspondent ACF -> Save the changes.

Could you tell me if the issue was solved?

Regards,
Carlos

August 30, 2019 at 11:59 am #4486933

jozefV-3

Thanks, first issue which was on screenshot is solved i think but now when i go to Custom fields -> Home -> and on right side want duplicate fields for english when i click edit english there are not fields only main title Home but 0 fields

August 30, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4486983

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

The custom fields that you set to 'Copy' won't appear in the Translation process as they will be copied automatically.

I recommend you to visit this link where it explains the different statuses at the bottom of the page: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Regards,
Carlos

August 30, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4487079

jozefV-3

Can you tell me any advice for use this plugin becouse when i want to translate website a lot of things what i have when i use tutorial are diffrent and dont show, and like I tell you i copy or click translate but nothing show i think becouse of Custom fields.

August 30, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4487269

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I recommend you to visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate a site using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/

Regards,
Carlos

August 30, 2019 at 1:03 pm #4487327

jozefV-3

Ok I try to go like you recommended, and after that if something happend and dont want to go I will let you know.

August 30, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4487557

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Sure! Thank you for keeping me updated.

Regards,
Carlos