This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by niklasP-6 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 7:20 pm

niklasP-6

1. Problem one
I am trying to: Get my ACF block with WYSIWYG field to render out content that contains images. It works in original lang but not in other translated versions. So if the block contains a image nothing gets rendered, if the block contains text it will not show up. If i remove the image then everything works.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link <-- No image
hidden link <-- With image.

2. Problem two
When i create my fields in ACF for my Block i can see the WPML options about translating or not and copy options. I was working with this alot yesterday and i could not get it to work in a logical way. Fields did not shor up when i thought they should and fields did show up even when i put dont translate. Also i had problems with that fields did not show up at all.

July 13, 2019 at 4:05 am #4202739

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This is a bug and our developers are aware of this. At this time, the problem occurs because of the double quotation marks that an image has inside the HTML code.

The only workaround we have that at the moment would be, in the translated version, you use single quotes (hidden link). I'll attach an image for you to see.

This may cause a bit of a problem because if you switch from editor mode text to visual mode and then switch to text mode again, WordPress will again convert the single quotes to double quotes again.

At the moment our developers are working on it, but we do not have a deadline when this is going to be fixed.

On your second question, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

July 13, 2019 at 8:11 am #4203117

niklasP-6

Will there be a patch out or do i need to wait for a big new release to have this bug fixed?