This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 29, 2019 at 8:34 pm #4483501

jeffreyF-2

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me better understand how WMPL works. I'm having an issue with ACF Blocks.

If I open my page in the advanced editor and translate:

WP block test => Prueba de bloque WP
ACF block test => Prueba de bloque ACF

click finish

if I load the front-end of the translated page, the the ACF block does not appear nor does the correctly translated text "Prueba de bloque ACF". all the other translated blocks are shown as they should.

if I print the blocks out as they are being rendered I get a blank block:

Array
(
    [blockName] =>; acf/my-block-test
    [attrs] => Array
        (
        )

[innerBlocks] => Array
        (
        )

[innerHTML] => 
    [innerContent] => Array
        (
            [0] => 
        )

)

If I search for "Prueba de bloque ACF" in the database nothing is found. if I search "Prueba de bloque WP" it finds the translated post. if I open the post_content I can see the ACF block but it's still the english version. if I close the advanced editor and reopen the post in the advanced editor the ACF block is shown in the advanced editor with the correct translation. I'm not really sure what is going on here.

August 29, 2019 at 8:45 pm #4483535

jeffreyF-2

I'd probably should also mention that this is happening on all of our ACF blocks not just one of them. All ACF blocks are missing in the front-end. it's also happening on an acf block that just displays an icon (so no translation) it just needs to display the icon that was selected on the english page.

also if it helps I was having a hard time getting any ACF blocks to show in the advanced editor but I noticed that if you had 2 ACF blocks in a row the 2nd one would show up in the editor. so I hacked it a bit and did a search and replace to insert an empty block before all ACF blocks and that seemed to work and got the ACF blocks to show in the advanced editor. I don't really need an fix for this because this empty block seems to work for now, but I thought I'd include it because it might be helpful.

August 29, 2019 at 11:58 pm #4483885

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 30, 2019 at 7:55 pm #4489117

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details I will proceed with a detailed investigation and debug, I will be back as soon as I have some more detailed and accurate reply for you, as I am at the end of my shift for today, I will be back on the next monday with a reply for you if it is okay for you. Thank you for your understanding and patience, have a nice day.

September 2, 2019 at 8:14 pm #4499925

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look in your website using the provided stagging environment and couldn't reproduce the issue for a newly created page with your custom ACF blocks, here the steps I took:

1 - I create a new test page with the 'Actifio CTA' block and translate it using the WPML Advanced Translation Editor, you can see the results at:

English: hidden link
German: hidden link

2 - I created a new test page with the 'Actifio Solutions Slider' then I translated it using the WPML Advanced Translation Editor, you can see the results at:

English: hidden link
German: hidden link

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translate-acf-blocks

In your case you are still able to edit your translated page using the default WordPress page/post editor and manually edit it to enter the custom ACF blocks content.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Do you have everything proper updated in your development website? I mean, are all the WPML related plugins fully updated to their latest versions? Do you see the same issue when creating a new page following as I did above?

Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.

September 3, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4506943

jeffreyF-2

The issue is not really with new content, it's with translating the current content. It's just buggy as hell and I can't figure it out. I just went to WPML-->translations and tried to translate the "What We Do" page. there is one acf field on this page (an accordion). if I click translate I'm taken to the advanced editor where the accordion content does not show up. EDIT: so I just noticed that the title "FAQ" did show up in the advanced editor. I thought this was a heading block but it is a part of the ACF block, so this might just be an issue with repeater fields.

Then I go back into the english "What We Do" page, I do nothing but save the page. then I open the translation back up in the advanced editor and the content is there, waiting to be translated.

I translate the new ACF content, finish and save. now the translated content appears every time I go into the advanced editor but it does not appear on the front end of the website. if I look in the database the block is saved in the DB (this time appears to be translated so my original report might have been wrong or just more buggyness idk), but when you dump the data for each block as they are being rendered the block in question is blank.

dump:

Array
(
    [blockName] => acf/actifio-accordion
    [attrs] => Array
        (
        )

[innerBlocks] => Array
        (
        )

[innerHTML] => 
    [innerContent] => Array
        (
        )

)

then if I go back into the english page to edit. I add a new accordion above my current one. the new one works as it should. I guess we're just going to have to delete them an add them all in again 🙁

if you want to try one this page: hidden link has a slider about a 1/4 of the way down and an faq accordion at the bottom.

Thanks

September 4, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4514041

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I just tested your test website again and could confirm the issue, in fact for the existing according block the translations fields appears in the translation editor but not at the website frontend what is something really weirds, although you are still able to edit these translation for the not working custom fields using the default WordPress Dashboard page/post editor, instead of using the WPML Translation editor, see: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/.

I forwarded this ticket to our second level support in order to get some more details regarding this issue, I will update you here as soon as I get a reply from them. Have a nice day.

September 7, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4529801

jeffreyF-2

Got an email asking if this was resolved. the last message was about getting 2 level support involved, so no it's not, still waiting to hear back from support.

September 10, 2019 at 12:34 am #4540595

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Following our second level recommendation, this ticket is now escalated to our compatibility team. I will update you here as soon as I get some details from them. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

September 19, 2019 at 9:31 pm #4608353

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you your patience while waited for a reply. I got some details from our second level support, after a detailed investigation and several tests in several scenarios the repeater blocks worked properly in all the cases.

In your particular case, the only known solution is to recreate the problematic blocks or even edit them using the default WordPress page/post editor instead of using the WPML Translation Editor. We really sorry for any inconvenience, but as said, this is issue is particular for your setup and not replicable in a different server environment. Thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.