This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Markus 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 9, 2020 at 1:49 pm #5648159

Markus

I am trying to: Use translation management

The ACF Block content is not translatable and not visilble on the translation management page.
Its even not visible if I add a new block like shown in the second screenshot.

March 10, 2020 at 7:39 pm #5657411

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. What type of content is this ACF assigned to? If it is displayed for a post/page, do you see the fields in the translation editor when you edit the translated post/page? It may be that you might need to apply a custom XML config. This documentation can walk you through these steps. I Please let me know if the block is still not appearing after taking these steps. https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#gutenberg-blocks

March 20, 2020 at 11:00 am #5727341

Markus

Can you mark this conversation as private please... I want to give you some further Info and URLs. Thanks!

March 20, 2020 at 3:27 pm #5729055

Lauren
Supporter

I am not able to make the entire chat private but I have marked the next reply as private. Please be sure to fill something in the WordPress credential field, even if it is just dummy info, to ensure the reply is private.

March 31, 2020 at 1:36 pm #5804495

Lauren
Supporter

What is the name of the field group that has the block that you are having this issue with? The screenshot provided does not show me enough information to figure out on the backend which field group/custom field to look further into. Thanks for your further assistance.

March 31, 2020 at 1:47 pm #5804569

Markus

I found the entries in the string translation, thats not an issue for now. But still wondering why there is a dropdown entry for "Block" but nothing in there. Mmmh.

I am still und now urgently missing the title and alt text translation for media in the translation manager. So for example the media for the front page.
If I choose that page in the translation manager in order to add it to the translation basket I have no chance to choose media elements for translation. They simply do not appear.

And please answer my question: Is there a problem switching to the WordPress internal translation and back to the classic wpml tranlation method? Is that ok, or are there elements missing after doing that?

March 31, 2020 at 3:43 pm #5805939

Lauren
Supporter

This may be due to the filing system you are using for your media. First try this - please find an image on the homepage in Media and make sure it is attached to the homepage. For example, I have attached a screenshot of one that is not attached. Attach it to the homepage, then edit the homepage and just click update. Now, if you go to WPML -> Translation management, are you able to select the media to send to translation with the page?

April 1, 2020 at 11:59 am #5812809

Markus

Ok, that works. Thank you.
I recently got a xliff file from a translator of icanlocalize.com.
But I can not see the translation in back & frontend.
I would like to send the file to you for checking. even the automatic xml-rpc did not work.
Can you please mark the next reply as private again? thanks!

April 1, 2020 at 2:08 pm #5814111

Lauren
Supporter

Hi Markus, as the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for this question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum as well as we avoid mixing lots of questions in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

April 2, 2020 at 9:52 am #5820831

Markus

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!