This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm

נעם שקד

I am trying to: Translate a page with acf repeater fields.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: My content inside the acf fields.

Instead, I got: ACf fields are blank, but the content is visible in the front-end.

June 24, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4077309

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue,

This seems more likely an interaction issue with any of the plugins used in your site. Please disable All plugins except WPML and ACF, ACF multilingual Check if the issue persists. Let me know the results. I will proceed with further debugging with your duplicator package if the issue still persists.

Kind regards
Raja

June 24, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4078019

נעם שקד

I disabled other plugins, and the problem still persists. I expected to see some change, but the content is still showing in the front, while the back-end acf fields appear empty.

June 25, 2019 at 8:53 am #4082391

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I would request you please share the snapshot (copy) of your site, You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/, I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details with me.

Kind regards
Raja

June 26, 2019 at 5:52 am
June 26, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4093351

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

The issue seems to be linked to the theme you are using. I can see a lot of error messages in the error log coming from the theme functions.php file. which is conflicting or affecting the display of ACF field values.

Refer to the complete error log: https://pastebin.com/CrVweMsw

Please fix the errors to resolve the issue

Once I have switched the theme to WordPress default theme all the field values are visible in the English language (screenshot attached)

I hope this helps you better

Kind regards
Raja

June 30, 2019 at 7:01 am #4113527

נעם שקד

Hi, can you please send me the error log again' the link is not active.

June 30, 2019 at 9:18 am #4113859

נעם שקד

Hi Raja, I ran some tests trying to switch to default theme, and I found that the theme acutually has nothing to do with it.
I have a function in my child theme's functions.php, that creats a shortcode to display my acf field content inside my page builder (Elementor).
I've found that if I delete my function from the functions.php file I can edit my acf fields.
Any chance you could look at it and see what is causing the problem?

July 1, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4119239

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Glad you have found the root cause of the issue. Since the issue is related to custom coding in your child theme I am afraid we could not help much in this case. as this is beyond our support capability and our support rules prevent us from providing coding support to a custom work which is not tested by WPML compatibility team

Please let me know if you need detailed error log I have already deleted your duplicator package in my local installation, In case if you need them I can help you with detailed error report.

Kind regards
Raja