This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 4:54 pm #4356949

yusongY-2

I am trying to edit my acf field on a woocommerce product under the chinese language. When I try to save the product, my content in the ACF fields do not save and they wipe. Please see the video link on what is happening. hidden link

August 8, 2019 at 12:18 am #4358673

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

Can you please confirm you have followed the instructions here to make ACF fields translateable?

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

You also need to do some extra config for repeater field. Please check this section:

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-repeater-fields

Let me know if this helps!

August 8, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4363871

yusongY-2

Hello,

The above two links have been looked at and the issue is still present. When you try to add content to the ACF fields on the translated products, the content does not save.

August 8, 2019 at 10:56 pm #4366217

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would need your WordPress login details to debug the issue further.

I've marked your next reply as private.

August 14, 2019 at 12:02 am #4391153

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would have to make a local copy of your site to debug the issue. I tried multiple times but whenver I go to wp-admin it shows "Sorry, you are not allowed to access the page".

Are you using any plugin or code to hide the login page and wp-admin area?

August 15, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4401003

yusongY-2

Hello,

We do have wordfence installed. I have deactivated it for the time being. I have also double checked the user information that we supplied and the permissions are all good. Please let me know if this resolved the issue.

August 20, 2019 at 7:54 pm #4426205

yusongY-2

Hello, We were wondering if the login was working. Its been a little while since the last reply.

August 21, 2019 at 6:16 am #4428183

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

It took me a while to figure out how to clone your site. I see the issue on your site. I'm trying to replicate it on my local to see if it's a bug.

As a workaround, you can always use Classic Translation Editor or Advanced Translation Editor. I tested both and those are working properly.

September 4, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4512475

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Rajeeb was not available this week and we missed the tickets assigned to him. Our apologies for the late reply.

I logged in to your site and took the Duplicator copy to test locally, but I could not build a stable copy. Even with a user created in the database, I face a connection issue.

So I came back to your website and checked the configuration for the custom fields translation according to our video tutorial hidden link
The settings were not correct. We had to make the repeater field(and the system field which begins with _) as "copy". And for child fields, we needed to make the system field(begins with _) as "copy".

I was then able to translate the test product through the Advanced Translation Editor without issue. See an attached image of the result.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support