This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.24 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The homepage with ACF fields doesn't appear to be translated.

Solution: The page was only 21% translated. If a page isn't 100% translated it won't show the translation.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stéphane 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 20, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Stéphane

I am trying to: Translate ACF fields

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
I translated some items on the homepage (Slider and first bloc -> See attached screenshot), but it doesn't appear translated.

Instead, I got:
English text instead of french.

August 21, 2018 at 2:25 am #2661477

Stéphane

Sorry, I forgot the screenshot. Here it is !

August 21, 2018 at 10:06 am #2662495

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I logged into your site and I noticed the French home page is only 21% translated. Please make sure your pages are 100% translated or they won't appear on the front page.

August 21, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2663818

Stéphane

Thanks Laura.

Now there is 2 things I need to translate and I can't find how to do it:

1- There is options in the "Theme settings", just under "Custom Fields" in the WP left menu column.
I went in String Translation -> Translate texts in admin screens, but I don't see those fields to import and translate them.

2- In the home page in english, there is a row
"CONTACT
Have a question? We’re happy to help!"
This row is embed in the footer, by a php file named "bandeau_push.php" in "templates/components"

I translated what's needed in string translation, but this section doesn't appear in the french translated page.

Thanks in advance for your help !

August 21, 2018 at 7:06 pm #2664438

Stéphane

Forget about the second question, it looks like I found the solution, but I'm not sure how I did it 😉
Or maybe you did it in between ...

But I still need help for the first one!

August 22, 2018 at 8:21 am #2666053

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

do you mean stuff like "Id of "jobs offer" category", "Internal Link" etc? Maybe they aren't supposed to be translated. You should see in the theme files if these strings are GetText strings, or they can't be translated. See our documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/language-setup/
https://wpml.org/faq/getting-string-translation-to-work/#method-3-using-gettext-for-hard-coded-strings

August 22, 2018 at 10:42 am #2666446

Stéphane

Hi Laura,

Yes, I'm talking about all those fields in "Theme Options". But the thing is that they are custom fields generated with ACF !
So, there is no theme files to check ...

I also went through this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/
but it is not really talking about theme options created with ACF fields.

Thanks to keep helping me !

August 23, 2018 at 10:49 am #2669797

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you explain me the process you did to create and then translate those fields?

August 29, 2018 at 5:35 pm #2687543

Stéphane

Thanks but I finally found the solution through a WP Facebook forum.