This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 12:44 pm

santiV-2

I am trying to:

View the same ACF fields for English/German/French
Using "Native WooCommerce product editing screen" because the client says it's better.
ACF when using "WPML Translation Editor" display as a single line input (no file selectors or HTML fields), so the client wants to use "Native WooCommerce product editing screen"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

In the CMS, any products inside the category "Models" will do (28 of them now)

I expected to see:

ACF fields in all languages (example: "features")

Instead, I got:

I only see them in original language

June 13, 2019 at 1:52 am #4008271

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Please go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and set the post type "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" to "Translatable - only show translated items".

Now, when visiting Custom Fields -> Field Groups you will find the option to translate the Field Groups on the right side bar.

Take note, that this will only make sure to translate the custom fields on the back end.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 10:00 am #4011573

santiV-2

Hi Andreas.

I have read in the forum that making "ACF Field Groups" translatable is only required if you need to translate the backend strings for those fields?

I don't need that. It's fine if the backend is in the default language (EN).

My problem is that when I check the translated (not EN) version of a Woocommerce product I don't see any ACF fields for that product.

I must say that I tried what you say. I clicked on "Duplicate" in German for one of the products ACF Groups and even now it is not showing. But again I understand I don't want to translate ACG Groups?

Here a link to a product in EN (ACF are there):
hidden link

Here in German:
hidden link

Looking forward to you answer Andreas.

June 13, 2019 at 9:04 pm #4016901

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message.

Scroll to the bottom of the native WooCommerce product editor until you see the Multilingual Content Setup. Then click "show system fields".

I have set the system fields for each custom field inside to the mutlilingual content setup for the product to "Copy". It seems that this solved the issue.

These options are global and should be applied to any other product.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm #4016957

santiV-2

Hi Andreas.

I'm sorry but if you visit the previous links I sent you (product pages in the CMS).

In this page (English):
hidden link
I can edit the value for "Standard accessories", "Models featuees"... and all the ACF we have.

But in this other one (German):
hidden link
I'm not seeing any of those fields? Do you see them? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your feedback.

June 13, 2019 at 9:31 pm #4016969

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The product pages inside of the CMS are referring to the backend and you will need to set the Custom Field Groups to translatable and afterwards translate them in order to have the custom fields available on each product. More detaile dinformation was provided in my first message.

Further, I can only advise to use WooCommerce Multilingual together with the WPML Translation Editor as it will not be possible to translate product infromations on translated products. The WPML Translation Editor further maintains the compatibility and synchronizations between all products, which also includes the translation of Custom Fields on the translation editor interface.

I would adivse to speak to the client and advise him to try one of the WPML TranslatioN Editors.

Here our selection of Translation Editors:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Please translate the field groups and let me know if the custom fields are available for translated product on the product editor pages.

Do not forget to mark the custom fields as trasnlatable first. Go to Settings -> Post Type Translation and set the post type "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" to "Translatable - only show translated items".

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 9:49 pm #4017017

santiV-2

I could use the "WPML Translation Editor" for products.
But for ACF it seems to have some limitations.

An HTML field is like this in the product page (1st attachment) but I see this (2nd attachment) in the translator. Is it possible to view ACF as good as in the main product page?

If that's not possible, could you help me to translate that "Model features" ACF for products? I already tried the first time you mentioned that me but no luck. Feel free to add changes in the CMS. This is a test server.

June 13, 2019 at 11:21 pm #4017289

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have translated the ACF Field Groups and for my surprise they do not show up for translated products on the Native WooCommerce Editor page after translating them with the WPML Trasnlation Editor as explaine din our documentation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

The field groups have been created as you can se eon the screenshot but they do not include any fields. You will need to setup the fields manually for each language.

Now, to investigate the issue further, I will need to have access to plugins.php but sadly the access is blocked with the provided credentials.

Please make sure to any plugin is up-top-date. You will find the updates for WPML at Plugins ->Add new -> Commercial -> Search for updates.

Also verify that every additional plugin is updated.

Further, the latest version of WooCommerce Multilingual will not longer offer translations with the Native WooCommerce Editor.
All product will need to be translated with the WPML Translation but you will be able to still make edits manually on the product editor.

Only requierment for now is that you translate the field groups into each language and then add the fields manually. On my test with the latest version of all plugins the fields do show up on all product pages.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 14, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4021399

santiV-2

Hi Andreas,

This is becoming a nightmare. I've been focusing on this for so many hours now and no luck.

I have updated every plugin to the latest version.

I tried to translate the ACF group "Model features" (you will see there's 1 ACF Group now translated in German and French now)

But I still don't see it in other languages than EN.

Before asking support I even tried everything you told me following threads like this one:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/acf-fields-not-showing-up-in-translated-page/

It seems to me there is no clear answer for this?

I just granted you access to the network admin, in case you want to change any plugin.

Please I really need to be able to solve this. You said you were able to see the fields in German in your test? Please feel free to make any changes you need.

June 14, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4023005

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can see you created a custom field group in German.

Now, I understand right, that those custom fields should be displayed on the German Product Editor, correct?

First of all the Multilingual Content Setup for "Products" was not set to "Translatable" and I adjusted this, but this was not how to solve the issue.

In order to display custom fields you will need to set them up inisde the custom field group settings. I added here on the German Custom Filed Group make visible for "Post Type" -> "Products".

The custom fields are now available on the German product pages. In order to display them for different languages please translate the fields groups and add the custom fields manually

Kind regards
Andreas