This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 1:17 am

Keith

I am trying to:
Create translations of existing English pages, with ACF content (repeater fields and groups - images, links, text) copying over.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
The same images, links, and text from the English page should pre-populate the translated page.

Instead, I got:
Empty fields or default values.

May 10, 2019 at 3:26 am #3781017

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This is happening because you must select as "Copy" the custom field of images. I'll attach an image for you to see.

This setting is made within the "Multilingual Content Setup" option, at the end of the page.

After following these steps, I just updated the post in the default language and the images were displayed in the secondary languages. For the other fields (text, link, etc), you must follow the same steps. Just select the "Copy" option for these repeater fields.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.