This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 5:25 pm

jasonW-6

I am trying to: Translate ACF fields

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: ACF fields in Advanced Translation Editor

Instead, I got: No ACF fields in editor

I have already done everything in all the forum posts on this exact issue.

August 2, 2019 at 2:06 am #4325705

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This seems to be happening because Fields Groups fields were not created in secondary languages.

Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

August 2, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4330883

jasonW-6

Yes, please install whatever you need. Also, why do I have to create the fields again? The rest of the plugin translates posts just fine automatically. This seems inconsistent and at the very least a large software limitation.

August 6, 2019 at 1:13 am #4343305

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. The correct should be to duplicate these fields and this would automatically apply to the other languages: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-field-groups. The problem is that it appears that this content has not been synchronized.

You can currently duplicate content by following the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Translation Management
- Select the "Field Group"
- Click on the "Filter" button
- Select the desired field group
- Scroll down and select the "Duplicate content"
- Click on the "Duplicate" button

I will attach a picture for you to see. Also, you must configure ACFML correctly for these fields to be translatable: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-simple-fields

After you follow these steps, the fields will be displayed for translation on the ATE.

Thank you.