This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3877503

Alex Jeffers

I am trying to: Add a set of titles and files to an ACF repeater in a second language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: On the backend when I clicked the + icon to translate to Welsh, I could only see the page title, no sign of the repeater fields which I had added in on the English side of the site.

I have installed the ACFML plugin, I have followed the steps to activate the advanced translation editor (but that won't appear) I have set the main repeater field to copy and each of the individual fields to Translate - but they will not show up in the backend.

This video shows the issue in more detail - hidden link

Thanks
Alex

Instead, I got:

May 23, 2019 at 4:56 pm #3878111

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. In the default language, make some changes, such as in the title. Then save the changes and see if the fields have been displayed in the secondary language.

If the fields are displayed correctly, in the default language change the title again to the desired title.

Following these steps, do the fields appear as expected?

Thank you.

May 24, 2019 at 10:58 am #3883761

Alex Jeffers

Hi Bruno

I've just tried changing the title of the page and saving it, then viewing the translation page but the fields do not appear. Interestingly, when I copy the fields over now, the new title isn't also copied across.

Thanks
Alex

May 25, 2019 at 12:58 am #3888045

Bruno
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 29, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3917293

Alex Jeffers

Could someone please get back to me soon? This is delaying the site going live and they want to see it complete before the end of the week.

May 30, 2019 at 3:30 am #3920275

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. I'm still testing your site to see why these fields are not being copied for translation.

Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

May 30, 2019 at 8:08 pm #3926019

Alex Jeffers

Hi Bruno, yes that's not a problem to install - anything to get this resolved asap.

Thanks
Alex

May 31, 2019 at 6:18 am #3927961

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. I tested your site in my testing environment and then I escalated your ticket to the 2nd tier support.

That way they will be able to check what is happening. As soon as they check, I'll keep you posted.

Thank you.

June 4, 2019 at 8:21 am #3949151

Alex Jeffers

Hi Bruno

Any news?

Thanks
Alex

June 5, 2019 at 3:35 am #3956915

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

My sincere apologies for the delay. 2nd tier support suggested the steps below:

- Go to the edit screen of the page
- Click on "Show system fields"
- Set the "_policy_and_reports" system field as copy and click on "Apply"
- Do a small modification on the page content and save
- Update the translation

After following the steps above on your site, I saw that the page is being displayed correctly:

EN: hidden link
CY: hidden link

Please, could you check if it is working properly?

Thank you.