This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 26, 2015 at 4:24 pm #567569

jan-willemK

I am trying to: not translate my Advanced Custom Field groups. I just wanna edit them while having "All Languages" selected and have the same Field groups for every language.
This worked fine initially.

I visited this URL:
wp-admin/post.php?post=58&action=edit&lang=nl
Which is where I edit one of the field groups. It defaults to adding the &lang=nl which it didn't use to do.
I expected to see: the edit page for the field group in the context of all languages so I could set the field group to show up for certain pages across all languages.

Instead, I got: The edit page in the Dutch context (which is the sites default language) and I couldn't select this group to show up on pages for other languages anymore.

February 27, 2015 at 1:21 pm #568128

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

If within the group page, you change the language, it does not work?

In the first part of the screenshot I see that when you change to "All languages", it works correctly. Then in the second part, this is set to a specific language. If you change to 'All languages', it should work.

Thank you

February 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm #568178

jan-willemK

If I change the language to "All languages" within the group page it redirects me to: /wp-admin/edit.php
So that's the "Posts" overview.

The second part of the screenshot shows the current language as Dutch. This changed AUTOMATICALLY after clicking on one of the groups in the first part of the screenshot.

I hope you have a fix for this.

February 27, 2015 at 9:19 pm #568438

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Strange that have worked before. This should work as it is now. Do you have a group for each language.

When you select the page "Over ons Blokken", that is in the Nederlands and so the Nederlands was selected at the top.

That is, the right should be you select each page in each language.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] ACF group suddenly always opens as if it's in the default language.’ is closed to new replies.