This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by asierA-2 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 11:22 am

asierA-2

I am trying to:
I have created an Option Page with ACF. Inside this option page there is a repeater field with subfields inside. The repeater field is very simple: image + link.
It works fine in the original language but it does not appear in the translated pages.
Ths field (a image, a logo), does not have to be translated, it just have to appear.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Original lang: works fine: hidden link
Secondary lang: doesn't see: hidden link

I expected to see:
Look at the bottom of hidden link the logos area. Thats what should appear too in the spanish page.

Instead, I got:
Look at the bottom of hidden link Yo can see the logos area does't appear

July 23, 2019 at 11:59 am #4265775

asierA-2

I give you extra info. What I have done:
1) I have created one ACF Option Subpage "Colaboradores"
2) I have created one ACF Field Group "Colaborador"
3) I have connected the ACF Field Group to the ACF Option Subpage
4) Inside the ACF Field Group I have created a repeater field
5) Inside this repeater field I have selected the Translation Preferences to Copy option
6) Inside this repeater field I have created 3 fields
7) Inside this 3 fields I have selected the Translation Preferences to Copy option too

Here is the issue:
Now, I go to "Colaboradores" Option Subpage and I create several "Colaboradores".
And here is the issue: when I change the language flag in the header of the Admin, to a secondary language, there are not "Colaboradores" created.

What I expected to see is the same "Colaboradores", because I have selected "Copy" in Translation Preferences.

July 23, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4265965

asierA-2

My issue is resolved now.

What have I done? Here is the solution: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-get-acf-option-page-field-on-front-on-translated-languages/

1) I have added this in functions.php:

function cl_acf_set_language() {
return acf_get_setting('default_language');
}

function get_global_option($name) {
add_filter('acf/settings/current_language', 'cl_acf_set_language', 100);
$option = get_field($name, 'option');
remove_filter('acf/settings/current_language', 'cl_acf_set_language', 100);
return $option;
}

2) I have changed the code in the front to use get_global_option function instead of the ACF funcions to extract fields content.

3) And that's all. It works.

4) Anyway, I think this is not what I expected from WPML + ACF 🙁