Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by katherineS-4 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 15, 2017 at 8:15 pm #1231431

kevinG-18

I have multiple ACF option pages, for a variety of custom settings & strings. One of these options pages is for dumping tracking pixels in to, such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.

In my ACF options page, I do not have the "Make 'Field Groups' translatable" box checked.
In WPML > Translation Options -> Custom Posts, I have "DO NOTHING" set for "Field Groups" and "Fields".

My site is setup with two languages - English and French. When I am on the English version of the wp-admin custom options page, all my strings appear normally. When I go to the French version, none of the strings are there.

I do not want to have to paste the code for these tracking pixels in to both and English & French version of the site, because if one changes someone has to remember to change the other version as well, or if I add new languages, then I have to do the same.

Are there any options available that do not require maintaining two different versions of static strings?

Thanks!

March 16, 2017 at 3:54 pm #1232272

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Try following these steps:
1. Create a field group for your pixel tracking. Create a custom field in this group where you can add the string.
2. In WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup, set Field Groups to Translate and Fields to Do Nothing.
3. Duplicate this field group to your secondary languages.
4. Open up a page or post where the pixel will be added. Add the string in the pixel field and click Publish or Update. Once the page refreshes after the update, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You should see a section with the multilingual options and you can set the pixel field to Copy. This should maintain the same pixel string for all languages even if it is updated in the original language.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

March 16, 2017 at 4:14 pm #1232321

kevinG-18

Hi Lauren, this doesn't help. The field groups do not exist on "pages or posts", but on "options pages", where the settings are designed to be available globally across all languages, pages and other places.

Are you saying that we need to maintain duplicate copies of option pages in both languages for tracking pixels to be available across all pages?

March 16, 2017 at 5:07 pm #1232401

Lauren
Supporter

How are these options pages created? Can you share with me the login so I can see the pages? If you can outline step by step how this is set up, I can further troubleshoot and see how to get this resolved.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

March 21, 2017 at 12:40 pm #1235697

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending these details. These types of custom changes falls into custom development and providing specific solutions for custom code isn't within our scope of support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/. They will be able to work on custom development with you.

We are always here to help, so please don't hesitate to open another ticket if you have any other issues with WPML. I appreciate your understanding!

May 14, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2123995

Alex

If you're looking for a solution I found this to be working:

hidden link

June 6, 2018 at 10:19 pm #2319316

albertL-5

Does WPML enable Options Page fields to be duplicated and translatable in multiple languages? That's the expected behavior, given how WPML works for Pages and Posts/Post Types.

I expected UI similar to what appears in the Page and Post edit views, but the only indication of multilingual options is the flag at the top in the WP menu bar. And when I use that to change to another language, I'm asked to create a NEW custom field group.

None of the support threads I've found offer a straightforward description of how to do it. Older threads mention that such functionality will soon be, or already is, part of WPML (but again, no description).

Please provide a step by step description of how to make an ACF Options Page's fields multilingual. It should be added to the WPML-ACF documentation as well.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Thanks!

Also: Why is Alex's solution link above hidden? Is it a legit solution/fix?

September 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm #2767723

jillC-3

I have the exact same problem. I agree with everything that albertL-5 said. Is there no way to translate an options page like you would a page or post?

This seems to be the same issue. Is there a fix for it yet?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/acf-pro-options-page-compatibility/

October 23, 2018 at 10:09 pm #2844152

katherineS-4

I have the same issue as jillc-3 and albertL-5. Is there any update on this?