Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 24, 2020 at 5:44 pm #5556879

jeannetteM

Hi

We are using WPML 4.3.6 and ACF Multilingual 1.5.0, no String Translation and no Translation Management. We've setup multiple ACF Fields (single row textfields, WYSIWYG fields, radio buttons, ...) most of them inside a group element. All of the fields are set to copy-once. Once the translation is created, under each field we see a label "Field's value in original language:". However, for all the fields inside a group or a repeater field, the original value is empty, which is not true for most of the fields.

Is this a known problem?

Many thanks
Daniel

February 26, 2020 at 8:26 pm #5574245

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Please reivew the requirements for ACF Multilingual here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

You need to use: Translation Management, String Translation , and Media Translation (see image).

Once you have installed these required plugins - could you then confirm that you are having the same issue?

I am including here the references/tutorials we have for Repeater fields:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-repeater-and-flexible-fields-translation-preferences
hidden link

If you are having the same issue, then please wriite back with system acccess details and the name of the field group that you have the repeater field in so I can take a look at how it is defined. Also include clear steps I should execute to see the issue.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] ACF original field value is empty’ is closed to new replies.