Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Dimitri 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Tia.

Author Posts
March 24, 2016 at 12:42 pm #845254

Dimitri

I am trying to:

display the translated version of custom fields created with ACF

URL of (my) website where problem appears:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The english titles and english version of youtube video

Instead, I got:

the default language version "Italian"

Steps to duplicate the issue:

hidden link

then go to:

hidden link

You will see that the video galley is the same, no titles and no videos changed.

March 24, 2016 at 8:12 pm #845619

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Dimitri,

You must configure WPML and ACF so that the fields are translatable. For this, we have a complete step by step documentation on how to use WPML and ACF: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/setting-wpml-advanced-custom-fields/

Please follow the steps of our documentation and let me know if you can configure the fields to be translatable.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

March 24, 2016 at 8:30 pm #845626

Dimitri

Hi,

I already know this guide, I posted a similar issue some month ago with no solution.
The problem is with the "ACF repeating field" as I followed all the steps suggested.

D.

March 25, 2016 at 12:15 am #845696

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Dimitri,

Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins and see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

March 25, 2016 at 8:54 am #845843

Dimitri

Done, no changes.

March 25, 2016 at 10:36 pm #846318

Tia

Hello, Dimitri.

Bruno is out for the day and I will be taking over this ticket.

Can you tell me if you already checked the following? This will help narrow down the issue:

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

A. Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

B. Minimal Set Up ( 1.Temporarily changing the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen 2. keep all plugins enable and disable all WPML related ).

C. If the issue is gone after Minimal Set Up steps above, activate each plugin one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue.

Does the issue still persist when you do each step above?

- Do you mind adding screenshots and/or example URLs highlighting the issue? You may add an image to the thread to help clarify.

Thank you in advance for the information above. This will help me come to a faster resolution.

March 26, 2016 at 9:00 am #846362

Dimitri

Hi,

I've already made those tests without success, here you have my screenprints to highlight my problem:

1 front-end Italian version ( default language )
hidden link

2 back-end italian version
hidden link

3 front-end English version
hidden link

4 back-end English version
hidden link

Thank you

March 27, 2016 at 11:49 pm #846635

Tia

Can you go to:

1. WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Custom fields translation and tell me if you see anything about video custom fields and if it's set to translate, copy and don't translate.

2. WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Custom posts and tell me if there is an entry for Video posts.

March 28, 2016 at 6:22 am #846685

Dimitri

they are all set on "translate"

March 28, 2016 at 3:30 pm #846983

Tia

Great, thank you.

Please go to WPML > String Translation and search for "sol_gallery_videos" and then "Etichettatrice Rotativa per Bottiglie". Does anything come up?

March 29, 2016 at 7:56 am #847328

Dimitri

Nothing...

March 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm #847944

Tia

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If needed, I will be using a plugin called 'Duplicator' (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator) to make a local copy of the website for testing purposes and/or Adminer (https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminer/) to inspect the database. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Do I have your permission to move forward with either Duplicator or Adminer, if needed?

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

March 30, 2016 at 5:22 am #848187

Tia

Thank you for your patience.

I am unable to pinpoint the issue. To further debug the problem I would like to replicate your site locally.

For this I will need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Do I have your permission to move forward with Duplicator?

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before confirming.

March 30, 2016 at 6:01 am #848203

Dimitri

ok go ahead.

March 30, 2016 at 9:16 pm #849421

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dimitri, Tia is off for today but I have installed and downloaded the duplicator package already and set your site up locally so that she can continue testing tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I will be happy to help. Thanks!
Lauren