This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 19, 2018 at 8:37 am #2831059

edwardC-7

I am trying to:
Get to the bottom of an issue with ACF and WPML - the ACF fields on an Options page are saved in the database / exist for a Welsh language variant of a site (e.g. "options_cy_") but they aren't pulling through to the template unfortunately.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link and hidden link
I expected to see:
Similar links in the very top bar (provided by a Repeater field in ACF).
Instead, I got:
Links from the Repeater field are not outputting.

October 20, 2018 at 11:07 pm #2834687

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please make sure you are following this documentation to translate the repeater fields: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

If you have followed these steps, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?