This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 1:39 pm #3711657

ilcheG

I am trying to: translate media (images). This used to work properly, but at some point, we noticed that things got messed up. Now I followed your documentation (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/), however, there is no effect on the translation sites.

This is what I did:
On the original website, the home page has an ACF image with the WPML value set to Translate. I translated the image using Media Translation, in the sense that I added translations and uploaded images for two more languages. I updated the original site and the translation sites.

I checked the newly uploaded images under WordPress Media, and they are properly attached to the home pages of the translation sites.

I expected to see: on each translation site, the translation image that I uploaded via Media Translation.

Instead, I got: the image of the original site.

Wordpress: 4.9.10
WMPL Multilingual CML: 4.2.6
Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual: 1.2
WPML Media: 2.5.2
WPML String Translation:2.10.4
WPML Translation Management: 2.8.5
Advanced Custom Fields: 5.7.12
Theme:custom theme

April 30, 2019 at 10:20 pm #3715079

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. From what I understand, you may need to do some code customization on the front end. Perhaps because ACF is loading a specific field for the primary language, this problem may be happening.

Could you confirm that you followed the steps in our documentation for translating ACF with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/?

If the problem persists, what fields are you using in the ACF? Is it the image field? And how are you calling it on the front end? What is the function you are using?

Thank you.

May 7, 2019 at 6:53 am #3754547

ilcheG

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that I followed your documentation except for 'Translating ACF user interface' as it is irrelevant for my case.

What I find strange is that this used to work and out of nowhere it stopped working.

To answer your questions: yes, it is an image field. I use

get_field( 'slider_image_1' );

whose value is then passed in the

wp_get_attachment_image

function. The problem is that the value returned by the

get_field

function is always the same (that is, the original image) irrespective of the language used. On the other hand, looking at the Media translation, the original image has translated images for both languages but it seems like WPML ignores this.

Any ideas?

Ilche

May 7, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3761827

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. In order for me to be able to verify the problem you are reporting, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am #3795761

ilcheG

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately, we do not have a test site available to the outside world. Also, I wouldn't like to do tests on the production site. So, I am afraid I cannot meet your request.

Creating a duplicate of the site might not be an option since the site is very heavy, in the order of 10GB including media and galleries.

Let me know if there is another way of testing this.

Cheers,
Iclhe

May 14, 2019 at 3:39 am #3803201

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. Is it possible to test this in our testing environment? I created a new installation and set up the basic plugins: ACF, ACFML, and WPML. You can try to replicate the problem by following the steps you have in your environment so that I can test.

If it is possible, just access this link (hidden link) (you will be automatically logged in) and configure the ACF any way you want and try to replicate the problem you are reporting.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] ACF translation images not displayed on translation sites’ is closed to new replies.