This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fernandoG-11 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 19, 2019 at 6:28 am #3215203

fernandoG-11

Question for Konrad Karpieszuk:

First, thanks for your ACFML tool - I can't imagine translating a site relying heavily on ACF repeater fields without it! I am having an issue that the sort order of the ACF custom fields fields is overwriting inheritance settings for child fields that have already had different settings applied. See screenshot for better explanation.

I read through your discussion here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/acf-repeater-best-practices/page/4/

As you can imagine, my settings look a lot like "lol.jpg" in that discussion. I saw that Version 1.1-beta of ACFML includes a feature to set the translation preferences on the Field Groups screen directly. My question is: can I count on this to properly apply settings made there to all existing instances of the field groups? Can I integrate this beta version now, can we more or less count on the final release of this plugin not losing settings with all 1.1.x releases in combination with ACF 5.7.x?

February 20, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3221869

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll pass on your questions to Konrad and forward his answers to you here. However, please first confirm that I have undesrtood and re-phrased them correctly before forwarding them to Konrad.

Q1. Will WPML translation preferences settings made directly on the Field Groups screen apply to all existing instances of the field groups dynamically, or only to newly created ones?

Q2. Can I integrate this beta version now on my system?
My answer:
I would be confident in saying that beta releases are not intended to be used in production sites and are made available strictly for testing purposes. It is completely plausible that the beta release will change significantly when compared with the final official release - so please do not use it or build solutions that rely on beta functionality.

Q3. Will the final release of ACFML retain settings that were made with previous releases of ACFML in combination with ACF5.7.x?
Clarification needed:
Please provide a specific example that you might be concerned with.

Thanks for confirming/clarifying

February 21, 2019 at 11:00 am #3226806

fernandoG-11

Hi Yvette, this is no longer necessary. I made a backup and installed the beta plugin yesterday and confirmed the following:

Q1: Yes, settings made on the Field Groups screen apply to all existing instances. This is a fantastic feature and I'm really happy it was released during development of my site!

Q2: Konrad said the opposite in the linked thread: "official version will likely has the same code as this beta - you can use it" which is why I felt confident installing the beta. The full version was released today, and I was able to update without any problems.

Q3: No need to ask this anymore.

Thanks! I will close this ticket.

February 21, 2019 at 11:00 am #3226807

fernandoG-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!