This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 3:22 pm

robinF

On option page ACF field is not sync between language even I select "copy" option for the field.

Take a look : hidden link

I also provide you wp access, debug info, ftp access and duplicator package

August 15, 2019 at 5:45 pm #4402789

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. This should have been resolved in ACF Multilingual version 1.3. Can you test a few things for me?

First, try activating WPML Translation Management add on. You can do this by going to Plugins -> Add New and click on the Commercial tab. Here, Select Translation Management and String Translation to activate. Once activated, check the field settings in WPML -> Translation Management to make sure the ACF field is set to copy.

Next, if it is not resolved, check WPML -> String Translation to see if you see the strings available there. I'm asking this because version 1.2 changed it so that the options were translated via String Translation.

If that does not resolve the issue, please try downgrading to version ACFML 1.3. (you can grab that from here: https://wpml.org/download/acfml/?section=changelog). With this version, does the options field work as expected?

August 16, 2019 at 6:30 am #4404843

robinF

I don't see anything about acf field in WPML -> Translation Management.

And I definitively don't want to activate String translation. The plugin slow down my website and multiply useless queries. I develop my own theme and I translate the strings with POedit.

But acfml suppose to work well without string translation, right ?

August 16, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4407243

Lauren
Supporter

Ye, ACF does require String Translation, as you can see here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#requirements-and-installation

Our latest beta version has greatly improved the queries. You can download it from http://www.wpml.org/account/downloads (select Beta from the drop down) and test this, or you can try downgrading to the previous version of ACF Multilingual.

August 20, 2019 at 7:19 am #4421015

robinF

1) "check the field settings in WPML -> Translation Management to make sure the ACF field is set to copy."
I don't see anything about acf field in WPML -> Translation Management.

2) "check WPML -> String Translation to see if you see the strings available there"
Nothing here

3) If that does not resolve the issue, please try downgrading to version ACFML 1.3
Still not working.

August 21, 2019 at 12:42 am #4426865

Lauren
Supporter

Okay, thanks for testing. I am setting up a fresh install where I test this and see if I can reproduce the issue. I will report back here as soon as I have more information.

August 21, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4434065

Lauren
Supporter

I was able to reproduce this issue in a clean install, so I have escalated this to our 2nd Tier for further investigation. I will update here as soon as I have more information for you.

October 21, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4794863

robinF

Any news about that ?

October 23, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4811483

Lauren
Supporter

Unfortunately, this has not yet been resolved. It is in the queue and hopefully it will be resolved in the near future, but I don't have an estimated time frame as of right now.

December 17, 2019 at 8:26 am #5144193
robinF

For information the issue is the same with taxonomy terms
For example I add a custom field "color" to taxonomy "pa_color" and set "copy" option for the field. When I set this field in a language the translations the field is not updated. For now I create a custom function on "edit_term" hook to make the job

New threads created by Lauren and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-acfml-taxonomy-field/

December 17, 2019 at 8:52 pm #5150045

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for reporting, I have split that issue into a separate ticket so that I can update you there. This one remains escalated to our 2nd tier as well.