This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 9:11 pm #2813081

twentyZen

I am trying to: Use WPML for translation of an Avada based site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (Avada Backend)

I expected to see: The complete list of Avada Fusion Builder Elements

Instead, I got: Only a few of the Avada Fution Builder Elements are shown, when WPML is activated.

It looks like a corrupted element interferes. How can I find the broken Fusion Builder Element that probably causes issues when WPML is activated?

October 15, 2018 at 2:58 pm #2818013

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

It may be that some of the elements are missing from the configuration file. Please try going to the parent theme and looking for a file named wpml-config.xml. You can then copy the content there and go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration and paste the content there.

Then, you will need to update the original page with any small edit, and then when you edit the translation you should see all of the fields.

If the elements are not standard elements and coming from a plugin add on, you can add the shortcodes to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration. Here is some additional information on language configuration files that may be helpful: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 17, 2018 at 12:53 pm #2824625

twentyZen

Sorry I think I didn't explain the problem good enough.
Its individual(!) saved global Avada Elements, that are not shown to me as soon as WPML is activated. So these are elements that you save in Avada for later reuse. You can see the complete list of those elements typically, but as soon as WPML is running, the list is not showing everything.

October 17, 2018 at 5:59 pm #2825574

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for clarifying. Let's try this. Please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database. Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting. Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:

- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

After this, do all of the elements appear?