This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by integrationN 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 1, 2019 at 1:43 am

integrationN

Hello there,
I made a new site recently and I used Bridge theme with WPML.
I installed WPML Sitepress Multilingual first and then selected String Translation and Translation Management to be installed from plugins' settings. After more than an hour, plugins didn't installed succesfully, so I tried to upload them via FTP. When I tried to activate String Translation and/or Translation Management, site crashed which means that a blank page show up. I renamed the folders of these 2 plugins and everything came back.
After that I tried to deactivate Sitepress Multilingual and activate the other 2 plugins and site worked perfectly.
I deleted everything via FTP and installed them again, but same thing happened. Site is working with Sitepress Multilingual alone, or with String Translation and Translation Management. I tried to switch theme and activated all of them, and everything worked fine.
I searched in theme's comments about this and people said that is a WPML problem.
Do you have any idea of what may cause this problem?

April 1, 2019 at 5:48 am #3503921

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please enable the WP Debug mode and let me know the errors you are getting when you enable the WPML.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 1, 2019 at 11:10 am #3506767

integrationN

Hello,

I followed the instructions but debug.log file created. I am sending you the last errors in error_log which displayed in blank page too.

Notice: Constant WP_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 92

Notice: Constant WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 93

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG_LOG already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 95

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 96

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php on line 181

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 552960 bytes) in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2007

I tried to low down memory limit from 256M to 128M and some error differ:

Notice: Constant WP_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 92

Notice: Constant WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 93

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG_LOG already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 95

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY already defined in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-config.php on line 96

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php on line 181

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 73728 bytes) in /home/projectyou/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Thank you very much for your time!

April 1, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3508973

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

The error means that you have defined WP_MEMORY_LIMIT twice in your .htaccess
please check your .htacces and remove the duplicated entries: https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

April 1, 2019 at 4:38 pm #3510155

integrationN

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Meanwhile the site was transferred to a new domain, htaccess is checked and memory tags were removed from wp-config.

I activated all 3 plugins, that I referred to in previous message, front-end works but backend is still a blank page with these errors:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/pr0ject/[user]/wp-admin/includes/media.php on line 3038

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/[user]/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1972

I can see that there is no WPML plugins' path in errors but they appear only when WPML is activated.

New domain is same as before but with tld .gr

Thank you for your time!

April 2, 2019 at 1:19 pm #3517519

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

The new error means that your WP Memory is enough to run WPML plugin and your site strings/contents.
I see you have only 40MB as your WP Memory limit:
This is not enough for sure.
Please increase it as much as you can and check the issue : https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Regards,

April 3, 2019 at 1:12 pm #3526431

integrationN

My issue is resolved now. It was a memory issue! Thank you very much for your time!