This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 4:25 pm

camilloK-2

I am trying to:
Use WPML without decreasing the performance of the site by 100%.
The plugin QueryMonitor says that the WPML based SQL statements are very slow.
With WPML active, any site in the frontend, even if it does not have any translations, loads withing 3 and 5 seconds. Additionaly, with caching activated, I load 5 MB from the server (Google Chrome Network tab). Additionally, the backend is also loading very very slowly, 12-30 seconds.
Without WPML active, the pages in the frontend load withing 2 seconds, and I only download 1.4 MB data from the server.
I already followed the steps mentioned here: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Better Performance.

Instead, I got:
A slow website.

October 2, 2019 at 11:27 am #4679769

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I kindly ask you to visit this link and follow the steps provided to avoid performance issues with WPML: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

Note: Please keep in mind that WPML and Query Monitor plugin have some compatibility issues that might cause more performance issues, so I recommend you to deactivate Query Monitor and double check the performance.

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 2, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4682901

camilloK-2

Hi,

I deactivated QueryMonitor but the issue still exists.
In my first message I wrote that I already followed the steps provided in the link.

Kind regards,
Camillo

October 3, 2019 at 6:43 am #4684835

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Camillo,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and thees.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos