This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3640391

franoM

I am trying to:activate wpml string translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: redpyramid.nl (when clicking on the english flag/checking english products

I expected to see:working english website and products

Instead, I got: site not loading, resulting in 500 error

Here is the error log too: hidden link

April 18, 2019 at 4:37 pm #3640827

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins activate the String Translation addon and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

April 18, 2019 at 4:51 pm #3640903

franoM

Hi there, thanks for your reply, the requirements are ok, see: hidden link

It's a live shop so i cannot apply those actions.

Can you guide me to other possible solutions?

April 18, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3641439

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

April 19, 2019 at 8:27 am #3644137

franoM

Hi Marcos, thanks a lot, i'm now migrating.

So, just to clarify this is the problem:

All plugins (incl. woocommerce) and wordpress itself are updated to the latest version. The theme (flatsome) too.

The moment we activate WPML String translation (latest version 2.10.3), the webshop stops working. Deactivating the litespeed cache plugin doesn't help either.

PLEASE NOTE: the shop SEEMS to work at first glance, but after clearing ALL cache with the litespeed plugin, from the top menu from the backend (see: hidden link), you will see that the shop doesn't work when you navigate to the English product or category pages on the front end (e.g. hidden link)

The 'static' pages seem to continue to work then, see the 'returns' (ENG) or 'retouren' (NL) pages in the top menu: hidden link and hidden link

So that might indicate that the problem has to do with categories/products.

After activating the WPML String plugin, the translations of the orignal products don't show a 'lock' anymore. This causes that the products are not synchronized in between languages (NL = not the same stock as the ENG translation) anymore.

When we had a similar issue with the 'load' (500 errors) we de-activated the option under WPML -> languages: 'Configure that theme's function multilingual' (or NL: Instellen dat de thema's meertalig functioneren'), see screenshot: hidden link

Other screenshots:
hidden link
hidden link

What could a possible solution be here? Downgrade to an older version of the WPML string plugin?

Hope to hear soon!

April 19, 2019 at 10:51 am #3645051

franoM

Hi Marcos, i also added another staging on the same hosting platform, see: hidden link. The details are the same. Hope to hear soon, it's a really urgent problem since the English translation isn't working at all right now.

April 19, 2019 at 11:31 am #3645441

franoM

Sorry i made one mistake in my text: "After activating ... anymore" .

This should be "After DE-activating"

April 19, 2019 at 3:13 pm #3646963

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Marcos is not working today, if you don't mind, i'd like to continue with you.
You mentioned that the staging server has the same access as the production, but i could'not find any access. All your previous tickets are already closed or resolved, so the access will be removed automatically by our cleanup bot.
Can you enter new credentials and i'll take a look at the staging site.

Best regards,
Jamal

April 19, 2019 at 3:21 pm #3646993

franoM

Hi Jamal, great no problem, thanks!

Can i just do this here? Is this private?

April 19, 2019 at 4:24 pm #3647559

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello, yes i activated the private area. If you have any doubts, send me an email from my account page https://wpml.org/forums/users/jamal-b/

The topic ‘[Closed] Activating WPML string translation crashes the shop’ is closed to new replies.