This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 6:52 pm #2839540

martaG-17

I am trying to: register the product, but the activation key is not working. the url is spelled correctly and i unflagged the "Keep wpml.org up-to-date about which theme and plugins I use" option already. but it still doesn't work.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 23, 2018 at 7:21 am #2841153

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I Checked your activation license and it's registered for the domain: "hidden link", but your WordPress' Site URL is : "hidden link"

They might seem the same, but that "www." part is what's causing your problem. Before registering a license, make sure to always use the WordPress site URL (found in Settings > General > Site Address (URL) ), otherwise you'll encounter this kinds of issues while licensing it for the first time or while upgrading to newer versions.

To solve this issue, just remove the license and add instead this domain under your license activation panel "hidden link" and try adding that license into your WPML installation.

Let me know how it goes and do not hesitate to ask if you have any doubt on what i previously explained, i'll be happy to help you.