Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 61 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by fulvioP 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 21, 2018 at 6:17 pm #1552844

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I've installed the Duplicator plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) on your site to make a copy of it and continue to debug this issue on my local server, but there is a restriction that comes from your server. It seems that the Zip Archive option is not Enabled on your server. Could fix it or provide me with a copy of your site (files and DB)?
You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me.
For this, I'll enable private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 25, 2018 at 3:32 pm #1555994

Itamar
Supporter

I'm sorry, but I do not see any link.
Could you share it again, please?
Private message is enabled.

March 27, 2018 at 6:39 am #1557411

fulvioP

ok try now is google drive link.
Let me know
Thank you

March 27, 2018 at 6:45 am #1557414

fulvioP

Ps. I dont have private to post the link

March 27, 2018 at 9:15 pm #1558393

Itamar
Supporter

Can you see the private message now?
I've enabled it.

March 29, 2018 at 2:38 pm #1560170

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks for sharing with me the copy of your site.

I've installed your site on my local server and noticed that the 'Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual' plugin (WPML bridge plugin for the 'Advanced Custom Fields' plugin) is activated on your site, but you do not use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. If I deactivate this plugin, then I can see an improvement in loading time of the backend.

Another thing that I did is to install and use the 'Transients Manager' plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/) to delete expired plugins from your site.

Can you please try those two things and see if you get improvement in the loading time of the backend of your site?

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 3, 2018 at 6:05 am #1562864

fulvioP

I follow your suggestion. Now the back end is a little bit better but still slow.
Any other suggestion or new update ready of your plugin ?
Thank you

April 4, 2018 at 8:24 am #1564460

Cristina

Hello Fulvio,

thanks for the update on this.

I wanted to inform you that Itamar is not available today and tomorrow.

As you already have been handling this issue for some time, I would suggest that it may be better to wait for him, as he already know the site and has installed in to test.

Kind regards,
Cristina

April 8, 2018 at 6:07 pm #1569090

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Fulvio.

Currently, I do not have an ETA for a new release of WPML.

The only other suggestion that I have for now is enabling OPcache on your server and see if it helps. I think that you have not tried that yet.

April 10, 2018 at 8:56 am #1579517

fulvioP

Sorry, I cant eneble opcache on the server but the slow loading time still is the wpml plugin the problem, because without it the backend and the front end is fast.
I wait a new your release hope you can solve the problems.

April 10, 2018 at 7:57 pm #1586841

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

There is one test that we haven't tried yet.
I would like to check if there is a possible collision between WPML and your theme or a plugin that is causing this slowness. We have already tried to see if there is an improvement when WPML is deactivated and as you report the speed is improving. But can you check it the other way, please? I'll describe now how to make this check.
If possible get your site into a minimum environment.
Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen and no plugins activated but WPML.
Is it possible for you to try it?
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentyseventeen (for example).
If it persists, then turn off all plugins but the WPML (leave WPML and its components active).
Then please check if the problem persists.
If it does not persists so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back.

It is a little different check from what you had already reported that you did in the begging.
Can you try this?

April 11, 2018 at 10:30 am #1594546

fulvioP

Hello,
for the theme I never try because I buy both wpml and the7 from your compatibily list.
For the plugin we try at the beginning one by one without success.
For the theme you can try because I don't want to make tests on this site that's online.
I hope you can understand.
Regards

April 11, 2018 at 9:21 pm #1602010

Itamar
Supporter

Yes, I understand.
I'm going to try and install your site on our test server and try it there.
And if needed escalate this issue to my superiors.

I'll keep you updated here.

Regards,
Itamar.

April 12, 2018 at 7:49 am #1604923

fulvioP

Ok Itamar,
thank you.

April 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm #1610174

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've escalated this ticket to our second tier supporters, and they will check the performance issue on the backend of your site.
I'll keep you updated with any news here.

Cheers,
Itamar.