This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to add a new language that is not available from the default ones. How do I do this?

Solution: - You can add new languages by doing the following: - WPML -> Languages -> Site Languages -> Edit Languages. - After that you will end up on a Edit Languages screen. Here you will click Add Language on the bottom right and then fill at minimum these fields: - Language name - Code - Flag - Default locale - Encode URLs - hreflang - Make sure to carefully select Code since this is the field you cannot change later.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/editing-wpmls-languages-table/

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marekD-5 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 28, 2018 at 11:12 am #2947537

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

I would like to add a new language that is not available from the default ones. How do I do this?

November 28, 2018 at 11:19 am #2947578

Bruno Kos
Supporter

You can add new languages by doing the following:

WPML -> Languages -> Site Languages -> Edit Languages.

After that you will end up on a Edit Languages screen. Here you will click Add Language on the bottom right and then fill at minimum these fields:

Language name - Code - Flag - Default locale - Encode URLs - hreflang

Make sure to carefully select Code since this is the field you cannot change later.

November 28, 2018 at 11:20 am #2947585

Bruno Kos
Supporter

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

April 15, 2019 at 9:55 am #3611907

marekD-5

He tries to translate the main page. I have a slider there and it does not display correctly when I change to another language version. Slider is translated and is made in Slider revolutions.
hidden link
The language change icon is at the bottom of the page