Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
June 11, 2015 at 2:15 pm #636478

ka wing yeung

I cannot create product category in different language.

help me how to solve my problem

June 11, 2015 at 2:26 pm #636492

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

It looks like the product category isn't set to translate. This happens when you change the settings prior to installing WCML.

Please follow the steps below :

1. Deactivate WCML
2. Go to WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Section "Custom Taxonomies"
3. Set these to translate - except product_type - which is set to Do not translate
4. Then replace the wpml-config.xml from a fresh version of WCML (You can download it from here hidden link )
5. Download this file and upload it to /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual (and overwrite existing file)
6. Check if there is any wpml-config.xml file inside your /wp-content/theme/YOURTHEME folder and it's messing up WCML configuration
7. Activate WCML Plugin

I think that after doing this - you can notice that the issue is resolved. Thanks.

June 11, 2015 at 3:36 pm #636552

ka wing yeung

I follow from step 1 to step 3 , step 7 only . it can add product category at different language.

I don't quite understand what is the main purpose of the step 4 - 5
I don't know what does it mean of step 6

let me know i am interested in the purpose of your solution.

Best Regards

June 12, 2015 at 6:43 am #636821

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Steps from 4-6 should be done via FTP. WPML uses wpml-config.xml files as a configuration files to set this kind of keys to translate or do nothing. When using WooCommerce this file is also included and it's responsible for those taxonomies.

You should download the wpml-config.xml file that I sent you link for - hidden link and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual and overwrite the previous one that was present.

The same way, themes use wpml-config.xml for achieving compatibility with WPML. You should check if your theme has one wpml-config.xml file and see if it maybe includes keys from WooCommerce that might mess up the other configuration file.

Thanks.

June 16, 2015 at 1:45 am #639031

ka wing yeung

problem solved