Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client was trying to translate some posts but was seeing __trashed suffix at the end of the URLs and was redirected to a 404 page.

Solution: Some of the posts had first been translated and then moved to trash. The URL suffix was added because the original translations had not been removed from the trash. Once the trash was emptied, the issue was resolved.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by josefK-2 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 9, 2016 at 7:35 am #902693

josefK-2

Hello,
we have installed on our web your plugin for languages. I updated our car inventory and then realized that when I click to some link - it adds __trashed suffix at the end. Of course these links are displayed as Error 404. Because of that customers were complaining and we needed to solve it somehow. It helped to switch the default language, but this is not a permanent solution. Please can you help us with it? I've written to other Thread - https://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicating-a-post-into-another-language-adds-__trashed-to-the-original/ - but no one answered 🙁
You can see the problem in this video - hidden link
Thank you in advance.

June 9, 2016 at 1:23 pm #903914

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Have any of your translated posts been sent to Trash, and are still there? If so, please empty the trash and see if that changes anything.

What are your permalinks set to?

Please go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting

Important: Make a full backup of your site before completing the following steps:
Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

June 11, 2016 at 10:46 am #907603

josefK-2

Hello Lauren,
thank you for your advices!
Your first advice was the right for me 🙂 When I cleaned the trash my problem disappeared.
So now it works fine.
Thank you and have a nice weekend!