This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4099967

imreS-4

Hi,

My website has some unique domains for local markets. Is it possible to add custom URLs to language switcher? I would like to add a link which directs users to another domain. PS! I don't want to disable directories. I need both solutions:
1. Different languages in directories for: ENG, RUS and EST
2. A different domain per languages for: DE and FIN

Any ideas how can I add DE and FIN also to language switcher?

June 27, 2019 at 6:24 pm #4102081

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It is not possible to mix different setup for the languages url format or add a custom url for the WPML language swticher as these urls are built internally by WPML.

Maybe you can achieve the desired results with a bit of customizations to the current WPML code base, something really out of our support scope, I recommend you to get in touch with one of our WPML Contractors at https://wpml.org/contractors/ regarding the possibilities of this approach. Sorry for not being so helpful here as we would like to be. Have a nice day.